Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » NPR News and Neil Conan in Detroit and Ann Arbor « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got an email and thought I would share:

Detroit will be on NPR News all accross the country to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Detroit Riots.

"Michigan Radio is serving as the presenter for an upcoming visit to Detroit by Talk of the Nation. I hope you can join us for a series of events.

On Wednesday, July 25th, host Neal Conan will be our guest of honor at a reception at Ann Arbor’s Bella Ciao restaurant from 6:30 – 8:30pm. Light Italian fare will be served. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to meet this award-winning journalist and one of public radio’s best-known personalities.

The following day, Thursday July 26th, Talk of the Nation will devote a large portion of the show to a discussion of the 40th anniversary of the Detroit Riots and will originate from the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in downtown Detroit.

The show airs from 2:00- 4:00 pm, and producers have asked that everyone be in their seats by 1:45pm."

Alec
Username: Alec

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i believe you can get tickets through either WDET or Michigan Radio, as they're both presenting the event.

Craggy
Username: Craggy

Post Number: 259
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDET at least acknowledges that WUOM is a co-host of the event. Typical WUOM arrogance that they refuse to acknowledge WDET.

However...the show is being broadcast about a block from WDET, hosted by former WDET employee Don Gonyea.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.