Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Recycle Here - Mobile Facility - Lower East Side Today « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 43
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recycle Here! will be recycling at the corner of Chalmers and Jefferson today from 10am til 2pm.

This will be our first weekend at the Creekside location. Please stop by and check us out.

As always, you can recycle today at the Holden Recy-clean Center from 9am til 3pm.

If Mobile Recycle Here is near, come check out something good in the hood.

the recycling people

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 160
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. I was there today. Clean up the D! Good program. where can I take my stuff next Saturday.

The_recycling_people

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next Saturday = 1st Saturday =
Farwell Rec Center 2781 E. Outer Drive
10am til 2pm

and, as always

Recy-clean/ Holden Street Main Location
1331 Holden Street
9am til 3pm

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys provide a great service. The fiancee and I really appreciate everything Recy-clean does to make the city a better place. Just out of curiosity, when will the bonds be paid off on the city's trash incinerator and can we expect the city to shut it down and move to a more recycling-based system once the bonds are paid off? Thanks again.

The_recycling_people

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bond financing issue has an end date on june 30th, 2009. What happens then is being researched and planned for now. The GDRRA and DPW have commissioned a few studies from in-state and out-of-state consultants. With this data, the city will move forward.

We have had our hands full starting and growing the Recycle Here! program. We are providing the city with detailed monthly reports on zip codes and weights of recyclable material. Our concern is growing the recycling options for the citizens of Detroit. We do know that whether or not the incinerator is shut down or refurbished, the city remains committed to growing a recycling program.

the recycling people

(Message edited by the_recycling_people on July 30, 2007)

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info. I thought the bonds were due to be paid off sooner, but it's good to know a firm date now.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.