Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » RiverWalk Tour from Rivard Plaza to RenCen - eNEWs 25 [pics] « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4035
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Featuring 28 new images from the:
> Detroit RiverWalk Tour

Detroit RiverWalk - Rivard Plaza

Click Here to Subscribe to the DetroitYES eNEWs. It’s Free

Click Here to view past issues.

The DetroitYES eNEWs is an audience-driven e-newsletter highlighting the International Metropolitan Detroit discussions of the DetroitYES forums. Links from the DetroitYES eNEWs lead to live discussions on the DetroitYES forums. Viewers are invited to read and join those discussion.

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pic - there are never that many people on the carousel when I go by. Lowell, did you stage this?

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 4036
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was from Monday early PM. There we many people there. I don't think the word is out on this place yet. This new stretch is a corner-turner with its dramatic vistas.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

god bless the riverwalk. finally, we [detroit] arn't dropping the "urban planning ball" at everyturn anymore.

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool pictures. If you haven't already, you should check out the stretch between Jos. Campeau and Mt. Eliot.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 422
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great shots!

LOWELL FOR MAYOR!

<313>

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 648
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first thing i noticed on the first picture at the link was the parking garages. one, after another, after another, after another... Can't wait to see the river east development break that up.

Beautiful pictures though, quite easily among the best i've seen of the riverwalk. Good work Lowell, and thanks!

Rivertowner
Username: Rivertowner

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Outstanding photos, Lowell. I'll echo Billk that you should check out the stretch further upriver when you get a chance.

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 365
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the Boblo Boat still at Tricentennial State Park?

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

220hendrie1910
Username: 220hendrie1910

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed, these are great pictures, Lowell!

When I saw the map of Detroit and Windsor carved in pavement, I had to find the inevitable spelling mistake, and I did.

Can you spot it?

http://www.detroityes.com/news /070802/601pics/104.htm

Nitpicky in Ottawa.

Parkguy
Username: Parkguy

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm... Dougall should have two "Ls."

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 4042
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I see it too but it should be easy to fix.

Oh, oh here we go with another no can spell because the schools are so...

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 929
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detroityes.com/news /070802/601pics/104.htm

With respect to the above picture, is it just me or does Detroit's freeway system map remind you of Toronto's subway system map?

http://subway.umka.org/maps/to ronto.gif

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The east RiverWalk is a must. I hate to say it but I like the east Riverwalk much better. The lamps and railing have a much more timeless feel.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They definitely look similar.

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also is there anything new being worked on right now or is it all still in planning? updates on the missing portions would be great.

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 370
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was dirt being moved today at the Watermark Site. I was also suprised that I didnt see the Atwater Lofts site being moved around. Also, will the riverwalk be along the rivers edge through the Atwater Lofts, Watermark, Chene Park, and the Chene East site once they are built?

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there really official parking at Rivard and Atwater? I can't find any mention of it online.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, there is parking at the Rivard Plaza. On Saturday July 28th, when I was down there, it was nearly full. Also, interestingly enough it is free to park there. Seems like there should at least be some meters for the spaces ($.25 per 20 mins or so). I think that if one had to make a trip into the Ren Cen, he would steal a space there.

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 623
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

beautiful photography man! The riverwalk is gorgeous.

the good rev

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlottepaul, thanks for the info!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rivertowner had this nice visual on the Dequindre Cut on his forum the other day. Not sure if everybody checked it out already or not.

http://www.eastriverfront.com/ wp-content/uploads/2007/08/deq uindre_cut_concept.jpg

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1390
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, that is nice. Someone really spent some time on that. Who put that together?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These guys:

http://www.jjr-us.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.