Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Train plows into bicyclist « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 827
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ouch. My question, though: Why on earth was he wearing a jacket? It was a kabillion degrees!

Bicyclist killed in accident involving train
August 3, 2007
By BOWDEYA TWEH
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

The body of a bicyclist was found Thursday night in Detroit near South Dix and South Oakwood after an accident involving a train, according to the Detroit Police Department. It happened around 9:40 p.m., police said. Norfolk Southern tracks cross at the intersection of the two streets.

WDIV-TV, Local 4, reported that a man was pedaling frantically in an attempt to make the crossing when his jacket got caught on the gate, according to the train engineer. The station also reported the man fell and was hit by the train.

Police haven’t identified the body yet and haven’t determined why the biker was so close to the train. The investigation is ongoing.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 2047
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel sorry for the Bicyclist and his Family,

but what I don't understand is why would the dumbass try to beat a Train?

That's like trying to catch a Boiling Pot of Water from falling.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 171
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darwinism in action.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to California, where stuff happens like this all the time. (No, I have never been there, just read about it a lot).

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Welcome to California, where stuff happens like this all the time. (No, I have never been there, just read about it a lot)."

I've been there, SCS, and it's all true.

Scs100

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell me about it. I've read at least 50 stories within the last 5 months about that kind of thing there.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 947
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

double thread

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 852
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waste of post.
Besides, my post was here first, Steel.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 9156
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The title of this thread is wrong.

The train didn't "plow" into anything. It was doing exactly what trains are supposed to do - training down its own private track.

Or must trains also now "share the road"??

The title should read "Idiot attempts to plow bicycle into train's private domain, idiot/bicycle lose"

Scs100

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Or must trains also now "share the road"??

Yes, in Jack London Square in Oakland. Plenty of street running for the tracks.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3628
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Biker was probably rushing over to nearby Melvindale methadone clinic.

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.