Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Good Press for Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jazzstage
Username: Jazzstage

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are so many positive and interesting stories about things happening in Detroit that really have the chance to bring more people into the city. Why is it that the media finds it so difficult to bring these things to the publics attention?

What great things about Detroit do you think is being ignored by the press and deserves statewide or national attention?

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The RiverWalk.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^That got attention.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

back alley bikes, mocad, fort shelby

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.woodwardavenue.org/ about/programs/view/?id=41

If this event can show that the entire Detroit metro area is united, then that would prob. bring the best press of all.

Urbanize

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"That got attention."

Not the type of attention that it should have.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 845
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not the type of attention that it should have.

It was on the front page of the Freep at least three times in a span of two months.
And the Fort Shelby, while not front page, has been getting write-ups as well. I can't speak for the News. I don't read that paper.
Or were you talking about national news?

Urbanize

Post Number: 2063
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO, I wasn't speaking of National News, I was speaking of Cuban News.

Jazzstage
Username: Jazzstage

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hands along Woodward sounds like a great idea. Those that are involved will really have a moving experience as long as it draws people together that don't normally associate. I am sure they have a good PR firm that will make sure the cameras are rolling. Let's hope they can draw enough people. That is one hell of a lineup.

I am involved with a podcast that is successfully reaching almost every country in the world. The topic is Detroit Jazz. We interview musicians who have shared so many great memories about Detroit. They have discussed our cities people, places and culture. We have had listeners write us to tell us our podcast is the reason they are going to visit Detroit. The media has ignored us despite the fact that we have shared Detroit's beauty with hundreds of thousands of people throughout the world. This city is still being celebrated even if only a few people are listening.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah well hopefully if we can't get the people to line Woodward, then hopefully that doesn't make the national news. Seems to me that the news that comes out of Detroit is generally bad. While there is just as much good news, definitely the national media loves to focus on the bad news (really in any situation).

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 548
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uhhh, Ubranize, actually the riverwalk did get national news. USA Today had a small article about it as did papers in Chicago and Cincinnatti...I am sure there were others.... The national news doesnt nor should they care too much about a riverwalk anywhere

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.