Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » How do I get submitted for any detroit festivials????? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Skamour14
Username: Skamour14

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just wondering who i go through in the city to get a listen to see if i could play any festivals for next year? I have been wanting to play Dally in The Alley for about a year now, and my band is excellent.... I'm trying to be modest, any advice??? email me @ leadsingme2@myway.com thanx

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 225
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you try any of these people?

http://dallyinthealley.com/con tact.html

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I take a guess from your name that you're with a ska band?

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 497
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shouldn't be too hard to get in contact with someone involved with dally in the alley and 4th street fair... however, 4th street is over and done, and it might be too late to get involved with dally... it might be good to get some shows under your belt first, though, to establish a [word of mouth] resume/name/cred... contact eqmusic@umich.edu/eqbooking@umich.edu to talk about playing the halfass in ann arbor. also, look for the trumbulplex on myspace, they are always looking for bands to play (though i'm not sure of what style your band is, and for all these things, that kind of info is important...) - andy

Jazzstage
Username: Jazzstage

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't overlook podcasts as a way to publicize your band. There are a couple good local ones that promote Detroit rock, pop, ska, techno.

Once your name is established the promoters will come to you. Piggy back on bills with more established acts. Contact the clubs that perform your music. Audiences here in Detroit will follow good acts.

I just learned of a reunion of The Exceptions that will happen at the Metro in Chicago and a yet undetermined venue here in Detroit. If you are a Ska fan with any history here, you will know them.

Emuaaron
Username: Emuaaron

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Exceptions!? My life is complete. will it be the first singer or the second? Will they play with the Parka Kings?

oh man oh man oh man

*gets nostalgic for middle school*

(Message edited by EMUAARON on August 08, 2007)

Skamour14
Username: Skamour14

Post Number: 101
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no i am not in a ska band.. good ole detroit rock.... this name is a very old name... but thanx for the info... my bands myspace is ..
myspace.com/talksoverlongdista nces2
there you will see what we are all about.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1573
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skamour, send a press package and demo of your music to:

Dally in the Alley
4632 Second Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201

I played the Dally last year, and it was a blast, even though it was raining part of the time. But I didn't get electrocuted so...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.