Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Body found in trunk of burning car-Detroit News « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 91
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Body found in trunk of burning car

Santiago Esparza / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Police still do not know the identity of a body found Tuesday morning in the trunk of a burning car.

City firefighters made the gruesome discovery after extinguishing the blaze about 9 a.m. on the 13000 block of Hazelridge on the city's northeast side.

Investigators do not know if the person is a man or woman. Officials are waiting for the medical examiner's office to complete a report that will determine the identity as well as shed clues into how the person died, police said.

You can reach Santiago Esparza at (313) 222-2127 or sesparza@detnews.com

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah? Terrible News! You forgot to post the article for the body found yesterday in the upscale Northville Neighborhood's Golf Course Pond. Also terrible news.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1790
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dude, I live a mile and a half from where the body in Northville was found...this area is NOT "upscale"...it's pretty typical for metro Detroit

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1596
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many people who post here live or work in Northville?

Okay then, now how many people who post here live or work in Detroit?

That is why this news is relevant.

Cambrian

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right susanrosa! And I'm sure the people of Detroit appreciate the post very much and need to be reminded about murders that occur around them. The jesus. I live in a typical suburban neighborhood, and my folks live in a better one then mine. Neither of ours has it's own golf course.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, yeah. If someone is murdered/raped/robbed in my neighborhood I'd like to know about it.

Dustin89

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This forum is not called NorthvilleYes!, and just because I chose to post the news coverage of a particularly disturbing crime does not mean I have to then post an equal or greater crime that occurred in the suburbs so as to balance the news. Furthermore, the incident in Northville received significant coverage while this incident in Detroit received a few bare paragraphs.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1598
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wait, in the next breath he is going to complain that the deaths of white women in the suburbs receive more attention than the deaths of black women in the city.

Thejesus

Post Number: 1792
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"and just because I chose to post the news coverage of a particularly disturbing crime does not mean I have to then post an equal or greater crime that occurred in the suburbs so as to balance the news."

You are the racist!!!

Cambrian

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly Detroityes! What part of "yes" do you clods think means people wanna learn about murders? That would be "detroitno"

(Message edited by cambrian on August 08, 2007)

Dustin89

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a racist because I object to the comparison of two different crimes? What I took from Cambrian's comments is that suburban crimes should somehow be given more attention or that I'm wrong in even mentioning a crime in Detroit. Detroit is not as dangerous to the everyday Joe as the news media portrays it to be, but the solution to changing regional perceptions about the city does not lie in simply sweeping things under the rug.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure thejesus was being sarcastic.

Cambrian, however, is just that stupid.

Cambrian

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny! How many threads have you posted / started lately Susan? Not too easy for someone that's never picked up a newspaper to come up with topics for discussion is it?

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes, the "you're stupid, too" card.

See what I meant Dustin?

Thejesus

Post Number: 1793
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I live in a typical suburban neighborhood, and my folks live in a better one then mine. Neither of ours has it's own golf course."

A neighborhood golf course does not make a place "upscale"...see Independence Green in Farmington Hills...

Trust me, this area is pretty typical of metro Detroit...it's a decent area, but these condos are on the same block as a McDonalds, a Coney Island and a gas station...

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 326
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, well check how much they cost dummy.
Also check how the schools, stores and city services rank.
I'd say it's pretty damn upscale compared to anything in Detroit's neighborhoods. I've lived in both.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"A neighborhood golf course does not make a place "upscale"..."

Although in most situations it is the case, there ARE exceptions to rules.
I know someone who lives in Romulus and he says that the area near the golf course is the roughest part of the city.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 328
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next to the runway at the airport or the stripper bar.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.