Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » What's up with the Bagley Fountain at Cadillac Square « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They restored the fountain and installed it at Cadillac Square. The water was running for about a week, then turned off ... ...

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah - I was wondering that too. The stone lion heads look great, but they were better spouting water. I thought "maybe they only turn the water on for special events" - but that's kind of absurd.

I know there's been problems of water leakage into the underground electric-service vaults installed when Campus Martius was built. Every once in awhile you see city crews pumping out the water from the vault at the corner of Cadillac Blvd. and the CM circle. My guess is this is why the pedestrian crossing lights haven't functioned since the park was first installed...

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah also too, have't most of the traffic lights on the side of the traffic circle been flashing since they were installed? Might be connected to some larger issue as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.