Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Miles Levin « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone else been following this kid's story on the Beaumont Carepages website? He was featured last spring in the Detroit News and later on CNN. He lives somewhere in the Detroit area and just graduated from Cranbrook. He's an amazing writer for an 18-year-old, is dying of cancer and from his website it looks like he is on his last few days. I might be the only one following it who also reads here, but just curious...

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have been following Miles's story as well. Today's post seemed just a little odd, trying to coerce or force one last interview, trying to push maybe a little too hard into his feelings.

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 458
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, given what he has said in previous posts it might be the kind of closure he would have wanted to give to all the strangers he was trying to affect. But I did wonder who posted that-- if it was his mom, or maybe his sister. I imagine things are pretty surreal and sad around his house right now.

When I first looked at his blog I ended up staying up half the night reading it all the way from the beginning. I'll always be glad that I came across it... right now when everyday things are pissing me off I think of their family and realize how lucky I am.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All good thoughts. Miles and his family seem very aware of the hundreds (more?) of people who wait for news. The Levins probably did not seek or expect the attention when Miles began his blog. Nonetheless, they are graciously accommodating the public, and providing frequent updates. More than once Miles has described his home as Detroit, maybe to give out-of-state readers an idea of where he lives.

Crash67
Username: Crash67

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miles died over the weekend. See Laura Berman's column which ran on the front page of yesterday's Detroit News.

Sad but inspiring ... this young man did reach his goal of making an impact. May he rest in peace.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.