Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Lamest Gamest of Show Reveals Dogfighting Ring « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9842
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alert Detroit police (got your attention now, don't we?!) attempted to stop a man at 5 a.m. yesterday carrying a trophy labelled "Gamest of Show", leaving an autobody repair shop in a sparsely populated part of town.

Upon further investigation, the officers found the remnants of a dogfighting operation that apparently was on-going, complete with scales and obviously trophies.

Begs the question, think they are simply a franchise from Atlanta or a locally founded and funded independent?!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brings a curious question to mind, and I hate bringing up the race card. However, is this ugly phenenoma an afro-american thing?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about a guilty heart

quote:

When an alert Detroit cop stopped to question the man on the city's west side early today, the man dropped his prize and fled.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 797
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://video.google.com/videop lay?docid=-8912777734612402513 &q=dog+fighting&total=12133&st art=0&num=10&so=0&type=search& plindex=2

Here's a pretty good video about dog fighting. For the faint of heart, there are some pretty disturbing scenes.

I'm baffled by the fact that people go to these events and get any kind of enjoyment from it.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 137
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullfights baffle me as well. How anyone can get enjoyment out of seeing any animal maimed or killed is beyond my comprehension.

Trying_2_stay
Username: Trying_2_stay

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjk that made me cry and sick to my stomach. This answers Ray1936's question though. This is not just about black and white, you see here it goes on in suburbia too.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, answers my question. These are a bunch of sick people.

Themax
Username: Themax

Post Number: 827
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that's sick. I think watching two men beat each other up until one falls over pretty sick too.
And are the "tough man" bouts still around?

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy oh boy, that is as about as low as you can go. Just one of those things that leaves your head numb.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3943
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dogfighting is sick, as is paying hundreds of dollars for "designer" dogs while perfectly good mutts are gassed weekly at America's Animal Shelters.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4071
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The following is unfortunately a bit gross, but just in case anyone has any doubts about the cruelty of this sport and maythink 'it doesn't happen here',consider this poor dog that I once found dumped in an alley.

pit bull atrocity

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3943
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:53 am:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
dogfighting is sick, as is paying hundreds of dollars for "designer" dogs while perfectly good mutts are gassed weekly at America's Detroit's Animal Shelters.

Detroit uses gas because it's cheap and because ideas about the humane treatment of animals don't percolate upward in this town.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 115
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be interesting to really know what the city is doing to curb this injustice upon animals. Michael Vick is going to be made a great example of, but I still don't think that the people in the shadows are held to a serious consequence.

Article after article on this issue always tells the same story about how the remnants of a dog fight were found, or young pups were found, or a training/demonstering facility was found.

I am surprised Hillary Clinton and others are not on a war path to nail people to the wall. It's too bad because I would like to see these people pay dearly. Not just a fine. A detroit (honor system) fine at that.

Does anybody have info on Dog Fighting penalties and sentences?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 116
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On a similar note, it is tough to watch the Animal Police shows that air on Animal Planet. They are always showing episodes in Detroit, but unfortunately there is little that these <amber-light-security> officers can do other that write tickets. KUDOS to them for taking a job which probably pays them very little for a job that is worth 100 times its' pay in platinum.

This world is so backwards sometimes.

next months topic -- Teachers

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It would be interesting to really know what the city is doing to curb this injustice upon animals.

Nothing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.