Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Civil War Bugle « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,

This is a long shot but I am looking for a bugle that used to belong to my great-great grandfather, who was a bugler in Civil War, in the First Michigan Light Artillery, Battery A. This bugle was used in the Battle of Chickamauga. My grandpa had it when I was a little kid, and it needed repair then. We think it got donated to a high school band or Salvation Army or something back in the 1980's. If you know anything about this, please let me know. It does have engraving on it, too.

Top of pageBottom of page

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

&mpThat's rough but heck, it's ultimately it's just a bugle-there's a poster on this board whose great great grandfather was M.I.A. @ Chickamauga. I can understand your sentiments, my great grandfather got out of Michigan when he lied about his age & wound up with Custer in the mid 1870's-another stupid fluke kept him off the Little Bighorn campaign. Some cousins in Colorado we don't talk to have his uniform & accoutrements-that's just stuff-I'm happier he was able to sire my grandmother later in life. If you want to see an exhibit involving Michigan in the Civil War that's both fascinating ; depressing check out the Custer display @ the Monroe(County?) Museum

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.