Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Networking in the Detroit area « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pace15
Username: Pace15

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody know of some good networking clubs for business?

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 279
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know of a bunch.

What's your field of interest? I can help you better if I know your target - what you do, and who your target customer is.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Athletic Club?

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 838
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you don't have zillions of bucks for the DAC, I would suggest your local chamber of commerce. Crains Detroit also has a calendar event of weekly business meetings.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 865
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was a member of the DAC for 20 years before I dropped out about 5 years ago. Recently I have been contacted a couple of times by the DAC seeking to convince former members to join again, w/o any fees etc. So, maybe they are reducing rates for newcomers as well in order to increase membership.

Davidmausolf
Username: Davidmausolf

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attending Transit meetings is a great way to network with people. I had the chance to share my input with some people involved in the downtown Rapid transit system.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4073
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a group, After 5 Detroit, that puts together afterwork networking schmoozes and local venues.

I am not sure of the effectiveness however as the at the one I attended, no one greeted me, nor was there a check in, and I found others standing around wondering what was going on, while others who seemed to know each other drank and talked. I pointed this out to the organizer, Kerry Doman, who credited it to growing pains -- I think it was their second outing -- and promised improvement.

Nonetheless, I would encourage you getting her email list, as they meet at interesting places, and give it try.

From the newsletter:

kerry doman | founder & ceo
p. 248.703.6224 | e.kerry@after5detroit.com
www.after5detroit.com

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DBusiness magazine, published by Hour Media, has a mailing list and often sends invitations to mixers around the area.

http://www.dbusinessmag.com/

Join DBrief to be part of their online club and receive news and such on upcoming events.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.