Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Resurrecting a city: Developer has faith in former Sears site « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crains
Username: Crains

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Macomb or Canton townships, the groundbreaking for a new shopping plaza might not elicit a communitywide celebration. In Highland Park, the anticipated shovel ceremony at the Shops at Woodward Place later this month is expected to attract political and business leaders wearing their Sunday best.
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2007 0812/FREE/708130311/-1/TOC

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"At least four developers tried and failed to resurrect the site where the Sears department store departed in the mid-1980s."

I'm pretty sure I remember going to that Highland Park Sears in the early 90s...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the site, Crains. Am I to assume we will be getting regular Crains Detroit news snippets from now on from you? If so, fantastic. Were you inspired to check us out by Lowell's interview on WDET today?

That's great news for Highland Park, I hope the development works out this time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.