Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Pictures of 7 & Livernois « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody got some pictures from the "Avenue of Fashion" [7 & Livernois], from 40's, 50's, 60,s?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx?sid=5a1c71fe c7b44c13ac24083967bad039;med=1;q1=livernois;rgn1=vmc_a ll;size=20;c=vmc;lasttype=bool ean;view=entry;lastview=thumbn ail;subview=detail;cc=vmc;entr yid=x-28281;viewid=28281;start =1;resnum=12

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx?sid=5a1c71fe c7b44c13ac24083967bad039;med=1;q1=livernois;rgn1=vmc_a ll;size=20;c=vmc;lasttype=bool ean;view=entry;lastview=thumbn ail;subview=detail;cc=vmc;entr yid=x-441;viewid=441;start=1;r esnum=3

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx?sid=5a1c71fe c7b44c13ac24083967bad039;med=1;q1=livernois;rgn1=vmc_a ll;size=20;c=vmc;lasttype=bool ean;view=entry;lastview=thumbn ail;subview=detail;cc=vmc;entr yid=x-48500;viewid=48500;start =1;resnum=16

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PAUL
your links are kaputt

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried. one can search for one's self at http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks a lot, my deadline is FASTLY APPROACHING!

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 637
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The links work fine but you have to understand how to use long links on this blog. It's not anything CP is doing.

Here's how:

1. Copy the entire link (not just the highlighted part) and paste it into MS Word or whatever.

2. Replace all space characters with nothing; that is, eliminate all spaces.

3. Copy the result and paste it into your browser's address bar.

Voila!
Scott

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The \newurl{x,y} construct mentioned in the hyperlinks section of the FAQ is useful for taming those long URLs. Sometimes http://tinyurl.com helps too.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimaz, what is the color combo code for an invisible post?

Jimaz

Post Number: 2936
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's try the above links with \newurl{x,y}:
first link
second link
third link

I too had to remove all the spaces from the URLs.

Jimaz

Post Number: 2937
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Jimaz, what is the color combo code for an invisible post?

HAHAHA! Last I checked it was \rgb{F5FBFF,text} and \rgb{F7F7F7,text}. You can use MS Paint's custom color to figure it out. Bite me, Karl!

Quozl

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimaz.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis et nibh. Duis rhoncus fermentum pede. Aenean a neque eu nisl nonummy blandit. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed ante dui, scelerisque et, tempor nec, pretium ut, nunc. Nulla rhoncus iaculis eros. Mauris ac est vel ipsum varius rhoncus. Nunc iaculis turpis vel felis. Donec id sapien nec dolor suscipit volutpat. Sed at purus.

Phasellus venenatis. Integer nisi est, sagittis eget, rutrum eget, rutrum quis, lorem. Aenean tempus turpis id leo euismod tempus. Nunc blandit dui vel ante pharetra molestie. Morbi bibendum. Nunc elementum nulla a mauris. Aliquam nibh. Vestibulum a dui id dui eleifend sagittis. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nullam id velit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Mauris nulla neque, euismod ac, venenatis commodo, dapibus et, neque. Aliquam ipsum sem, vestibulum nec, blandit eget, adipiscing fringilla, augue. Aenean nonummy, enim a laoreet ultrices, diam justo tempus felis, quis ultricies turpis quam quis odio. Donec metus lectus, molestie tristique, tempor at, euismod et, est. Aliquam id pede. Suspendisse sed tortor eget justo malesuada mattis.

Jimaz

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHAHA! You're very welcome, Quozl. You're just the type to have fun with it, I'm sure.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That technology in the hands of Quozl is dangerous. I will now have to highlight all of his posts.
danindc is a jackass.

Jimaz

Post Number: 2939
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, no. What have I unleashed?

Oh well. You can't unring a bell. :-)

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Jimaz I just caught that.

Quozl

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks JL. This is great stuff...

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem.

The Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Amendments? I thought the Bush administration already got rid of those outdated documents.

Silverbeauty
Username: Silverbeauty

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool pictures!

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quozl

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL...

Bush burned those documents or flushed down the toilet. Mums the word...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.