Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » What did Rosedale Oldmobile become? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kaptansolo
Username: Kaptansolo

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Edison Elementary in the 1970's. I remember the Rosedale Olsmobile dealership next door. I remember it closed and then went through some kind of renovation.
Whatever it became, every now and then I would see people going in or coming out and they were "dressed" like they were going to a play or something. This was around 1980.
I heard a rumor that Tom Monaghan stored some of his cars there around the same time 1980.

Does anyone have any information on what the different phases of what became of the old dealership and what is it today?

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rosedale Olds became a repair shop that fixed/dismantled cars, known as "Jackson auto" from 1980 (when the Olds dealer closed up shop) until 1992, when Dick Kughn bought the building to add additional space to his "Carail" museum/banquet hall.
Tom Monaghan had nothing to do with it, or anything else related to antique cars in the city of Detroit. Monaghan was interested in antique cars for about 4 years, kept them all at his compound at M-23 and M-14, jacked the market way up then bailed out as fast as he got in.
I did a lot of demolition inside the Rosedale Olds bldg. Dick bought it right after I began working for him in '92. The walls and floor were covered with grease and oil, I pressure washed them down. We had the center drain-trough filled with concrete, just a series of small floor drains afterward instead of that huge trough. We framed and dry walled the front portion, carpeted the front floors and had glass block installed in the half-round window. Completely re-did the showroom area, much plaster damage there, and remodeled the offices for Dick and the museum manager.
Dick closed Carail in September of ‘03; the contents were auctioned off in one intense weekend. He still owns the complex and is trying to sell it through Farbman. The entire complex is in outstanding condition and has been continuously improved and maintained.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never knew that building was a car dealership...

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't Grandmont Bowling next door?

56packman

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From east to west: Rosedale Olds, Grandmont lanes, Earl Morrow sporting goods, Great lakes casket. The two "stores" to the west, Earl Morrow and Great lakes were once "Michigan's most complete remodeling showroom" (sometime in the 60's), then split up again for the latter two businesses. That portion of the building had been a supermarket at one time--most of that building dated from 1937, the Rosedale Olds building to the east was built in 1946
My two uncles worked as pin setters at Grandmont lanes in the 30's, my older brother worked at Great Lakes casket as a delivery driver in the 70's, and I worked at that building from '92-'04.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This location was between Longacre and Rutland, correct?

56packman

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

correct

Quozl

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought so. I bought many LPs at Grinnell's on Grand River as a kid and my parents were good friends with the people that owned Butcher Fur's next door. I walked or rode my bike on that stretch of GR in the late 60's/early 70's and remember Rosedale Olds, Grandmont Lanes, Earl Morrow sporting goods and Great lakes casket. Wasn't their a diner between Rutland and Abington?

Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 74
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was, as I recall also, a little diner just west of and on same block as Norwest Theatre. Dunno the name though.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 528
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what was/is "Carail"? I've heard it referred to a few times on DYes. I've been away from the area for too long.

Several friends of mine grew up in Grandmont in the 70's and they all attended Edison Elementary which was right next door to Rosedale Olds (RO). The beautiful homes directly west and south of RO and Edison are impressive and a sight to behold (or at least they were).

I'm from the area as well, and I recall RO and also the little novelty type shop called Hansel and Gretel one block to the west and almost directly across from the old Norwest theater. Just to the west of the Norwest Theater there was a (very) little food place which sold only a few things and lots of snack type foods. The name of that place escapes me. Behind it was the Norwest Theater parking lot.

(Message edited by vetalalumni on August 15, 2007)

Quozl

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The beautiful homes directly west and south of RO and Edison are impressive and a sight to behold (or at least they were).

That neighborhood still looks pretty good. Last week I drove through there and noticed a few houses that were empty on Archdale, Rutland and Abington with large "For Sale" signs screwed into the front of the house. I noticed a few over on your side of Southfield too on Penrod, Ashton, Rosemont and Faust. I had contemplated buying a house over there earlier this year except a few of the parishioners I know over at St. Mary of Redford talked me out of it, as there has been quite a few break-ins over the past year.

One elderly Caucasian woman I know moved from Forrer and Schoolcraft to Woodmont and Lyndon in 1992 has had three "home invasions" as she calls it in the past two years. The jokers simply smashed the side door in or break out a back window, beat the tar out of her and stole stuff. The first time she said it took over 6 hours for the cops to come, the other times it took repeated calls to 911 over a 24 hour period to get assistance. She ended up getting a friend across the street to take her to the hospital. It is unfortunate that she has no remaining family in Michigan and has outlived both of her children. I see her almost every Saturday afternoon at Mass and help her when she needs it.

Almost every house has replaced the basement windows with either thick glass blocks or bricks and most doors have burglar bar cage over the front and side door.

Check this out for what houses are selling for over there. That house on 15115 Rosemont sold for $798.00!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Please excuse my ignorance, but what was/is "Carail"?"

As described above, a mix of Richard Kughn's collection of classic automobiles and his Lionel Train collection. May have been other model railroad makers in there, but Lionel was the major exhibit. Dick was a Detroit Police Commissioner for five years (under the post-1975 5-person commission), and lived in North Rosedale. Super guy. Class act.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hansel and Gretel just recently closed that location in the last two or three years, I believe.

ETA: You called it a novelty shop. I'm talking about the children's shoe store, but it was at the corner of Longacre and Grand River.

(Message edited by iheartthed on August 15, 2007)

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 530
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl:
My father had his house in Rosedale Park on Greenview north of Lyndon from 1974 to 1989 and there were no crime problems. My mother was a stay-at-home mom and she would leave the doors open during the day (I should mention that she did have her .38 special nearby). Cars, even luxury ones, were often left unlocked overnight. As a teenager in the 70's, I often forgot to lock my car at night and it would sit in front of the house untouched overnight.

The current environment is apparently different. My sister-in-law is a recently divorced empty-nester with a very nice house on Rosemont which she cannot profitably unload. She has lived there for about 10 years without any crime problem. Now that may be partially attributed to the fact that her ex-husband is a tough Detroit Police Officer who "ain't one to be messed with" to say the least. He has been shot and carries 2 guns at all times!

Ray1936:
I must have missed the previous description of Carail - thanks for the definition.

Iheartthed:
That is the place, Hansel and Gretel Shoes. Viewing it from the street, it seemed odd and I'm surprised it stayed around as long as it apparently did. I'll admit I never actually crossed the threshold of that establishment. I wonder about the history of that place and the owners?

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vetalalumni...We used to buy our kids their shoes at Hansel and Gretel (they are now 19 and 22 years old, so they now buy their own). It was a small shop specializing in childrens' shoes.

By the way...still live in Rosedale Park after 30 years. It's still a great community, with an involved community association. The two homes for sale on my street are asking $190,000 and $170,000. Far cry from the $27,000 I paid for my three-bedroom colonial in 1977.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 533
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Father paid less than $30k for his 4 bedroom, 2 bath in 1974. He made a very nice profit when sold in 1989.

While in elementary school, my parents made me wear what we called "Kresge Slides". These gym shoes were from where else - SS Kresge's. The shoes were very inexpensive and it showed because whenever you ran and tried to stop quickly you would just keep on sliding like on ice.

Later, I would buy my shoes from the Sibley's in the Grandland Shopping Center and Flagg Brother's at the NW corner of Grand River and Greenfield.

Kaptansolo

Post Number: 120
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vetalalumni-I bought my shoes from the same stores that you did. I also bought from "Cancellations" just east of Grand River.
Kresge's had real good, of all things, apple dumplings.
Do you remember when they put the "walkover" bridge in between "Ed's" and Montgomery Ward? Funny, now I cannot remember the year. I remember when it was "Federal's".
I remember Hughes and Hatcher on the SW corner of Grand River and Greenfield.
Elias Brothers right next door.
I remember Olson's Electronics when it was on Grand River between Winthrop and Forrer.

Kaptansolo

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry...I meant "Cancellation" not Cancellations. My grammar!

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 534
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Cancellation". I had not heard that in 25 years!

Another favorite gym shoe was the high-topped "Chucks" (i.e. Chuck Taylor's) in various colors which I think sold less than $20. That was expensive for gym shoes in the mid 70's, but they had much better traction than the "Kresge Slides".

A 1970's shoe conversation would be incomplete without mentioning "platforms". After saving for weeks, I would go down to Flag Brother's Brothers and pick up a pair and magically grow several inches taller. These were rather ridiculous (and dangerous) shoes, but stylish nonetheless.

Kresge's in Grandland also had a good sub sandwich. The "old" ladies working the sub counter knew me and would give me extra portions.

What year was the bridge put in over Grand River? And yes I do recall Federals and H & H.

Olson's Electronics was great and was the only hobby type store in the area that I knew of.

Elias Brother's was for the "older" kids, whereas Burger King was for me and my crowd. The Burger King was on the north side of Grand River, a couple of blocks west of Greenfield (Prevost or Forrer maybe?).

Then there was the Chaney Branch Library which was cool.

Do you recall the Robert Hall store? It was like a modern day Burlington Coat Factory.

Quozl

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weird, we always called it Hughes, Hatcher and Suffrin. Must be an age thing.

Chaney Branch Library:

The old Robert Hall Store, now the Jerusalem Temple of Worship:

Kaptansolo

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Olson had a much better selection of electronics than radio shack. They should have become a frasnchise.

The Burger King is on the NW corner of Forrer and Grand River.
On the NE corner was Detroit Bank and Trust. This branch was robbed "twice" I think through the drive-thru. the Michigan National that was on the corner of Greenfield and Puritan was robbed one too many times as well (not through the drive-thru though.

the 14th precinct had a mini-beat station on the SE corner of Grand River and Forrer.

I went to Edison and then all of a sudden, we were bussed to Gompers. All of Gompers kids went to Harding (except for those who were all of a sudden bussed from Edison)...that is how I wound up at Vetal.
Speaking of which...I have looked up Peter Vetal online and the only reference I get is back to the school. I am starting to think that Peter Vetal was known for being a man whose name they just randomly decided to name the school after.

Quolz-Where are the photos taken from...I mean from where was the person standing?

The photos remind me of the three party stores I used to go to as a kid.
1.)"Larry's" on the corner of Mansfield and Grand River.
2.)7 Stars between Mansfield and Rutherford.
3.)Prince and Pauper on the NW corner of Rutherford and G. River.

...oh...and I almost forgot, Leddy's candy store between Rutherford and Prevost.

Now that I think about it. "Tiscuit and tascut" party store(not sure of spelling) on the other side of Grand River (think it was nearer to St. Marys). I remember the Williams pinball and video game company out of Chicago had just released their "Firepower" pinball machine and this store had one. One of the first machines I had ever played with a multi-ball function.

Does anyone here remember the yellow frame house that was on Eaton between Forrer and Winthrop? The people moved out and it stood vacant for a long time and then, just like that, it was gone.

I was a kid...but I remember when the thing to have was a bar in your basement and colored light bulbs in those square recessed lamps from...what?...the 1960's? Everybody had a job in a factory and you saw "UAW" jackets and hats everywhere. I had a Uncle that played with local 600 baseball team over at a ballpark on conner and Mack(I think). The party stores had the neon "Faygo" signs. I remember when they called the I-96 and Southfield interchange "the malfunction junction" on the CB that is.
I remember the "Pancake house" that was on 8 mile and Greenfield and it burned down(not to be confused with IHOP).

I guess I am getting away from what this post was originally about.

(Message edited by Kaptansolo on August 16, 2007)

Kaptansolo

Post Number: 123
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

trying to remember the Robert Hall store????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Quozl

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robert Hall was on the south side of Grand River between Mansfield and Rutherford, just east of the library one block.

Quozl

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was standing on the top floor of the carillon bell tower at my church, St Mary of Redford.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kaptansolo:
Go to the DYes search page and search on Vetal and you will find a few discussions were Vetal is mentioned. I also attended Vetal and thought it was a good school. I've never been able to locate a Peter Vetal web-site or anything like that. Most of the Vetal alumni went on to Redford High School (RHS), myself included. There is an active RHS Alumni Association - click on the following link to go to that web-site RHS Alumni Association. A lot of the people I knew from the east side of the Southfield Expressway went to Edison and then on to Henry Ford High School.

I remember the DPD mini-station at GR and Forrer. Leddy's store rings a bell as well.

(Message edited by vetalalumni on August 17, 2007)

Quozl

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was up here looking south on to Grand River. I go up there every Saturday after Mass, they play the bells for about 30-45 minutes.

Jyogi
Username: Jyogi

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is all right around the corner from my family store. We opened it in the 30's (my grandfather) and even though we sold most of the store off in the 80's we still own the Pharmacy and my dad is there 4 days a week...

Sams Drugs
Fenkell and Ardmore

Alex Pollack the well known Detroit City Planner who was in Forbes a couple months back designed the bottles on the outside of the building (which the people we sold the building to painted horrid colors)

Before Sams we had Cruise Pharmacy which I doubt anyone here knows as we closed it in the very early 30s to open Sams (from what I understand as my father wasn't ever alive then and both grandparents are gone)

Quozl

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

George and Eda Vetal apparently co-owned land in that part of Wayne County, maybe they are related to Peter Vetal?

Here is a plat north of Schoolcraft that they subdivided before annexation by the City of Detroit called "B.E. TAYLOR'S BRIGHTMOOR-VETAL SUBDIVISION LYING S. OF GRAND RIVER".

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/pla tmaps/dt_image.asp?BCC_SUBINDE X=20606

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 538
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl:
It would be great to view the plat, but the web-page apparently requires a username and password.

err

Quozl

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go here:

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/pla tmaps/sr_subs.asp

Insert "Vetal" without the quotes into the search box. Choose Wayne County.

It will come up. Need to have Java installed on your browser. I use Firefox, I have never needed a user name and PW.

Quozl

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/pla tmaps/rs_subs.asp?sub_name=vet al&county_list=82&simple=yes&S ubmit=Submit

56packman

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do any of you former (or current)Grandmont residents remember the house that was built but never occupied? I remember the story from the newspaper in the late 70's about a guy who had a house built in Grandmont for he and his bride-to-be. She dumped him right before the wedding and he never moved in, lived instead downtown at the YMCA (or perhaps one of those old residence hotels downtown).
The house sat finished, with all new 1928 appliances and some furniture until he died in the mid-late 70's. The local kids thought the house was haunted, although he paid to keep the grass cut and the place kept up. Someone bought the house from his estate and moved into a brand-new condition 1928 house in 1978.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3967
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great story. As I remember, the house was on Longacre in Grandmont Sub.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3968
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Burger King is on the NW corner of Forrer and Grand River".
Before Burger King, there was a beautiful old farmhouse on that corner, one of the last farmhouses on Grand River.
Does anyone remember the Burt Farmhouse on the corner of Grand River and Burt Rd?

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3133
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the ghost house was on Rutland in Grandmont.

Rustic

Post Number: 3134
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the farmhouse was next to the BK Lounge, it was torn down then they redid the BK adding a wider parking lot and, I think a drive-through.

Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl-Sweet pics, thanks!!

Do you have to toss some heavy cash in collection basket to get to that perch?

Quozl

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No heavy cash, though I generously donate to St Mary of Redford Elementary School for the past two years. Enrollment has fallen from 340 to about 120 this year resulting in a hypothetical operating deficit of 100K. St Mary of Redford has been an instrumental part of my family for over four generations.

Patrick Macoska from Ann Arbor plays the carillon after Saturday Mass. People go up after mass to watch, just ask him, he is normally pretty cool about it.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9878
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a heartbreaking story, reminds me of the fellow a half block from my father's in Dearborn...he built HIS dream house and his bride passed away. House has been an hollow shell for well over twenty years.

I wonder how often heartbreak leaves a house one step from being a home...turning it into a weird memorial instead.

Hell, even the modern phenomenon Coral Castle in souther FL was built out of some poor fellow's empty heart...

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1394
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, the ghost house legend goes back that far?

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 539
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl:
Still no joy for me using your alternatives. When accessing the Statewide Search for Subdivision Plats page, I get the same results I reported earlier (using both IE and Opera w-Java enabled).

I wondered if you had a UN and PW cached in your browser, but you said not so.

It would be interesting if anyone other than yourself has better luck than me on the web-site.

Quozl

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vetal, why don't you try the Firefox web browser?

You are correct, I do not utilize a User Name and PW.

(Message edited by quozl on August 17, 2007)

Quozl

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opera works for me Vetal:

Quozl

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl:
Everything works as you described when using Firefox on my laptop. Thanks for the link information and the recent screenshots. As you stated, maybe Peter Vetal was a relative of George and Eda Vetal. I had already heard of B.E. Taylor in relation to Brightmoor. Were'nt the Taylor Homes (projects) off Evergreen named after B.E. Taylor? I assume they still exist and were'nt tore down like Hermann Gardens?

Quozl

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not certain Vetal about the Taylor Homes off of Evergreen.

I am glad you were able to view the file.

65memories

Post Number: 439
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vertal...where were Taylor homes? At Evergreen and Lyndon are the Smith homes.

65memories

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozi...thanks for the link...a lot of subdivisions in the area were built by and named after Harry Slatkin. Anyone have any info on Slatkin?

Quozl

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harry Slatkin Builders Inc

39935 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI 48375-2111

SIC:-Operators of Apartment Buildings

Line of Business:Real Estate Operators Apartment Buildings & Commercial Buildings
Detailed Harry Slatkin Builders Inc Company Profile

This company profile is for the private company Harry Slatkin Builders Inc, headquarters located in Novi, MI. Harry Slatkin Builders Inc's line of business is real estate operators apartment buildings & commercial buildings.

Company Profile: Harry Slatkin Builders Inc

Year Started:1935

State of Incorporation:N/A

URL:N/A

Location Type:Headquarters

Stock Symbol:N/A

Stock Exchange:N/A

Also Does Business As:N/A

NAICS:N/A

SIC #Code:6513

Est. Annual Sales:$320,000

Est. Employees:6

Est. Employees at Location:2

Contact Name:Richard Noel

Contact Title:President

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 543
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

65memories:
Thanks for the correction. Smith Homes is the correct name.

65memories

Post Number: 442
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks

Rustic

Post Number: 3135
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Robert Taylor Homes is/was a Public Housing project in CHI.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 545
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic:
You are right - muddy thinking on my part.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.