Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » The country in the city « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 445
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by and took some pics at the corner of Lawton and Buchannan: the surrounding area had the look and feel of a drive through the country with open fields, trees and a lone farm house. Chene-Dubois-Canfield has the look and feel. Sparsely populated; pockets of trees and empty fields etc.

Jazzstage
Username: Jazzstage

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post pics please

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 97
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wanted to get a look at the old St. Stanislaus church and went in from 75 and Warren (the area terryh mentioned). Very eerie. I thought I was in Iowa or something. Flat and empty. Almost looked like cornfields.

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in town yesterday to tour a building for sale at Forest and Chene. The worlds largest loft at 15,000 sq. ft. The place is amazing however I was drawn to the view's in all direction's....all the streets and signs in place as if I was in a subdivision yet to built on. Some of the area actually looks like it was never developed.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coleman Young was quite effective at ethnically cleansing that area with his crack pipe incinerator and automated assembly plant on top of a neighborhood.

Davetroit
Username: Davetroit

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Artistic - I saw that loft on a website that didn't say where it was located and was very curious.... Building looks cool and in good shape, but not the most ideal area. How much are they asking for it?

Elsuperbob
Username: Elsuperbob

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had people not from Detroit say that about photos of some of these areas that I've shown them as well. They think some of areas look like the edge of a small one block town.

Most of the photos are on my other hard drive but here's one from Concord St.

44203610_edd9abd071.jpg

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Davetroit....Asking 299,900.00 the building is in good shape, the interior of the "Ballroom theatre" is 85% in good shape, there are some plaster details that need to be repaired. The basement is 11,000 sq. ft....being down there was a little creepy and there needs to be work in there as well.It is located at Forest and Chene east of woodward.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 449
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill post the pics as soon as I can make it to my relations house to use their computer. I tried posting pics on a public computer there was some kind of a pixel? size issue.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find it odd and ironic that the only 2 things visible in that picture are are a burned out house and....a fire hydrant.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 539
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look up bulletmagnets quick pics he has covered most of said area with photos

(Message edited by fareastsider on August 16, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.