Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit Car Dealers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharms
Username: Sharms

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were some colorful auto sales guys in Detroit and colorful dealerships. I remember Roy OBrien at 9 mile and Mack. My dad bought several cars from Clohecy Pontiac....the beat of the Clohecy Tom-Tom. Must be others...It's been 30 years since I lived there so my memory is hazy. I sure loved Detroit when I was there from birth age 18 before heading to school in East Lansing.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"the full Cleveland"

bring in your trade-in and your wife and we'll dicker

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the best TV commercials were by Woodrow Woody and Woody Pontiac. He would run out of thing to say at the end of the spot and would wave and say.. "So long............Bye-Bye....... ......See you soon.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2962
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their jingle plays on this page:
http://www.royobrien.com/.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.