Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Thanks from Historic Fort Wayne Coalition... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of the DetroitYES members who took the time to come to Historic Fort Wayne on Aug 18.

From participating in a window re-glazing class to tree and brush removal, I cannot thank you all enough. Learning re-glazing skills on actual historic window pieces rather than practice pieces will help the Fort's appearance and stabilization in the long term. Moreover, of course, this is an effort to keep the animals and weather out.

To some whom this may have been their first time out, we hope that you found improvement in the Fort thorough your efforts. Simple brush removal, although merely aesthetic can really open up and re-vitalize an entire area. Additionally, removing the wild brush ensures that the foundations of the buildings and walls remain intact, free of penetrations.

It truly was an honor to have so many folks from DetroitYES join us at Historic Fort Wayne.
Scs100 and dad, Mikie, MikeM, Zimm, ThursdayNext, Chrystal and son....I cannot thank you enough.

I will post photos from the workday later for all of DetroitYES to see. Through your dedication and hard work, yet another piece of Detroit coming back to life!

Thanks again DetroitYES for helping continue the dream of making Historic Fort Wayne a beautiful place again come true.

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition - Projects Committee

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again, the members of DetroitYes have made a resounding contribution to the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition and it's goal of restoring the Fort for future generations to enjoy. 8 members showed-up on Saturday and made a huge difference in repairing windows.

I would like to thank the forumers that showed-up! Those of you that participated in the window class made teaching the class effortless, and your contribution to restoring the Fort was well appreciated. Please know that you are making a difference! I can't wait to see the pics, Subvet!!

I am also sending personal e-mails to those who were involved!

I look forward to seeing all of you again at the next workday (and perhaps before!). After the primer on windows in the Quartermaster's shop, we will now begin the process of the restoring the windows in the Barracks building inside the Fort. This should be interesting!!!

Cheers!!

PlymouthRes

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As promised, here are some photos DetroitYES folks learning the art of window re-glazing in the old Quartermaster's shop.

We hope to start diving into getting the windows of the 1848 barracks replaced/re-glazed.

I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves!

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition - Projects Committee

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.