Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Psip Passes Away » Archive through August 19, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 370
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 527
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rest in peace. very sorry to hear the saddening news.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 996
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to you and your family Hornwrecker.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry I didn't get to meet Zen, as I just found this forum. His posts have been very informative and valuable. I will miss him. Peace and sympathy to the family and friends who were fortunate to have this man in their lives. May the pathway be clear and bright for Zen.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to his family.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A real loss, RIP.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 713
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zen was the first forumer I met, picking him up to go to the FSC - my first time, which probably would not have happened had he not asked for a ride. I am deeply grateful to him for giving me a little kick in the pants to actually go to one. I agreed that if I was to go to another, I would get a hold of him and we'd go together - I was planning on going this week or next. Zen, you'll be missed, and my deepest condolences go out to Hornwrecker and the rest of the family.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 242
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker, my prayers are with you and your family.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zen was quite a guy and a true Detroiter. I checked out some of his old news footage he brought to the DBC at one of the FSCs. That was quite a hobby he had, loved, put his heart into. It is nice to know that through this forum he was able to share his life passion with so many that appreciated it and through this forum he was able to meet Crash NYC and have something he loved recognized on a cable TV special. I'm sure Psip was loving that. Walk on with pride dear forum brother. You did good.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4821
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So sorry to hear...he added so much to DYes! He will be missed by everyone on here!

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 437
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow! Definitely very sad indeed. My thoughts go out to those who knew him well.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 725
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm really sorry to hear the news. My condolences to his family and all his D-Yes friends that will surely miss him. Also deepest regrets to his brother Hornwrecker.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So often in life we lose a good and talented person so much earlier than we expect. Such is the case with Zen who now shares news footage with itsjeff and the Good Lord in heaven.

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 754
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker, my condolences to you and your family and to all those who new Zen.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIP

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I am feeling right now is hard to put into words. He was such a creative person, and I am so sorry he died. His family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He emailed me in may:
"Hi Larry, you sound like an old tv engineer, neat!
I worked at WXYZ from about 80 to 84 then WKBD till 2003.

I now have a business that transfers news clips archives into digital.
I will send a few as samples to see how they look.

Great to have you on DetroitYES.

Zen"

Very sad. Damn.
Thanks for reaching out, Zen. RIP

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 563
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker & Family, please accept my sympathy at this time of your loss. After our first meeting, I knew that when we both happened to be at a FSC event, there was bound to be an interesting conversation.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 534
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry to hear this terrible news, He was a wonderful forum member and although I didn't know him personally I am sure he was a great person. My condolences to the family.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw, Jeez. Deeply saddened. He sent me some private e-mail on some video clips from time to time that I appreciated more than I can say. Like most of you, I never met him personally (darn it), but I feel like I've lost a good friend. Blessings to him.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deepest sympathies from my family and I to yours Hornwrecker....I found out about DetroitYes! through an article on ItsJeffs passing. I enjoyed reading his informative posts. He will be greatly missed.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9704
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My very deepest sympathies to Hornwrecker and family. I met Psip (Zen) only a few times but he was always such an informative and caring person who tried to share as much as himself as possible. He was such a joy to talk to.

I am sure Psip and Itsjeff will have a lot of laughs together in Heaven...

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5515
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba sends deep felt sympathies to the family of Psip. He was an excellent contributor to The Forum and we are sad with his passing.

Psip sent jjaba some tapes of old Detroit subjects. Although we never met, he meant much to all of us.

Shalom, Psip. jjaba, Westsider.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2971
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He barely knew me yet he gave me his username and password for a radio forum so I could access their database. I don't think I've ever met anyone that generous.

He said he had designed a radio scanning system for a TV station in Flint.

73s, Zen, 10-7

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 444
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to Hornwrecker and the Psip family. His contributions to this forum were numerous and appreciated by so many.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 362
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May your life be honored and celebrated for all that you were. God bless Zen, family and friends.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to you and your family Hornwrecker.

Stromberg2

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 477
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very sad news to hear. i met psip briefly at the fsc at the dbc a few months back, and was very intrigued by the dvd of old detroit news footage he brought to show that night. i was looking forward to seeing more sometime in the future...but now i am glad that i had a chance to make it that night.

my condolences to hornwrecker and their family.

Quickdrawmcgraw
Username: Quickdrawmcgraw

Post Number: 102
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

enjoyed his posts and insights about detroit history & television. deepest sympathies to the family.

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to Hornwrcker and the rest of Psip's family and friends.

I don't post very much, but I read almost everything. I will certainly miss his contributions.