Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » State Fair Opens « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2373
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.michigan.gov/mistat efair/0,1607,7-109--150848--,0 0.html

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 786
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone else think the Fairgrounds would sustain itself it it was an entire summer thing? Or maybe if they brought the baseball diamonds back? And I still haven't figured out what they're building on the south end. Earth is being moved at an impressive pace.

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're having a cool motown music show on Thurs. Vandellas, Contours, Little Carl Carlton, Laura Lee, Spyder Turner.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 736
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the fair, probably go a couple of times. Definitely going to avoid Air Supply however.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw one component of the fair broken down on the side of 696 yesterday. Hopefully he got up and running, or there will be less popcorn for sale.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 426
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fair is a really interesting place to hang out and watch how michiganders get down...Its great eye candy for my wife and i.

I didn't see any mention of the demoliton derby...

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what are the hours

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2442
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From their website (linked above at the start of the thread; thanks, Pam!):

HOURS
10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

FAIR ADMISSION
$ 10.00
$ 5.00 - Children 3 -12 years of age
$ 5.00 - Seniors 62 years of age and older
FREE - Children 2 years of age and under
Hand stamps available for same day re-entry

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

CHILDREN - 12 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER - FREE
(Must Be Accompanied by an Adult)
MONDAY - FRIDAY (Excluding Labor Day)

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

SEASON GATE ADMISSION
(Good for One Gate Admission Each Day)
$ 35.00
$ 10.00 - Children 3 - 12 years of age
$ 10.00 - Seniors 62 years of age and older
FREE - Children 2 years of age and under

PARKING
$ 7.00 per vehicle
Re-entry for parking is NOT permitted

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is cool that they have the season gate admission. We went 3 times last year and on our 3rd day we ran into some major problem where I was prompted to file a complaint with the state. I sure they have better crowd control this year.

Screamingfit
Username: Screamingfit

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went last year on a Saturday night and had the place pretty much to myself. In fact, it was downright eerie. It was so desolate, there weren't even the typical fair sounds in the air. Food places had closed up early, the Midway barkers were reading magazines and the ride operators were just staring at the ground.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.