Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Hotel ST Regis « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

would you recommend Hotel St Regis or Ren Cen Marriott

cousins are comming to town

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ren Cen if they want to walk around downtown.

For the coolest "Detroit" experience, Inns on Ferry Street. http://innonferrystreet.com/05 /

Umcs
Username: Umcs

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ren Cen Marriot if those are your only choices. It's much closer to downtown with entertainment/restaurant choices. New Center is a little out of the way.

If they are here for WSU though, St. Regis may be more convenient.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by St. Regis last week and thought I remembered seeing a sign that said "closed for renovation" or something to that effect...

can anyone confirm?

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 479
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, they are being converted to lofts, but in the meantime it seems to still be operating as a hotel...but perhaps that means the transition is taking place?

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think St Regis is condos now...

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were renovating the hotel and turning part or all of it into condos. every time I checked, the reopening day kept changing. A quick check of the web site shows them taking reservation now so I'm assuming they are open. Supposed to be a nice place to stay now, however unless you are seeing shows at the Fischer, Regis is off the beaten path a bit. http://www.hotelstregisdetroit .com/

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the website. This video:

http://www.hotelstregisdetroit .com/video.html

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 425
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hotel to reopen with Motown flair

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Esp. too if the price is the same. I would vote for the Ren Cen!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 739
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Courtyard Marriott is nice, as is the Garden Hilton.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.