Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Sighting of new truck today... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was driving along M-59 past the GM Milford Proving Grounds, and I came up on a woman driving a "test vehicle". It was labeled as such on the door, plus the various bar-codes, markings, and manufacturer's plate.

A Kodiak 5500-series medium-duty, 4-door, step-side Chevy pickup truck! Monroe Truck Equipment apparently up-fitted the Kodiak chassis since they had their name on the badging and mud flaps.

For those who don't know...

1500 & 2500 is Lt. Duty
3500 is Lt. Duty or sometimes considered Lt. Med. Duty.
4500-6500 is Med. Duty
7500-9500 is Heavy Duty (or Semi truck's)

I heard they were going to make these for the camper market, then nothing when gas prices went up, Up, UP! First one I've ever seen. And it was marked "24" on the windshield.

Surprisingly quick with that diesel engine. And I'll bet she had the dual tanks full for the weekend!

I never could get close enough at a stop light to tell her that it needed a LOUD horn and some kind of step to get to the bed. The tailgate handle would probably be slightly over my head.

Would've love to have driven it!

James

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.