Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Catholic High Schools « Previous Next »
Archive through August 26, 2007Goldensunshine30 08-26-07  10:24 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Goldensunshine
Username: Goldensunshine

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother graduated from Benedictine in '91 . . .I attended elementary school at St. Scholastica across Southfield. We are both Ravens :-)

Mercy High school used to be on Outer Dr. & Southfield until 1964. If I am not mistaken they were on the same corner as "The Little Sisters of the Poor" - Where that Shopping Plaza is now.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 234
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re: U of D High being a member of the Detroit PSL. If they were members in the pre-mid 60s, they would have actually been in the Detroit City League, which was the predecessor of the PSL. At one time or another, Hamtramck, Highland Park and various other non-Detroit public schools were also members.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 882
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motownmark said about U of D High:
quote:

Rowe was relieved of duty as principal at UDJ after the 2006-07 school year, from what I have heard. Former Spanish teacher Gary Marando is now the principal of the high school.

What were the reasons for the shakeup?

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goldensunshine...I'm a Mercy grad also. I graduated in 67. Went to the old school at Outer Drive and Southfield my first two years and the "new" school my junior and senior years. Guess you could say I'm one of the Old Guard but we never called it anything other than Our Lady of Mercy High School. We actually moved to the new school the beginning of the 65/66 school year.

Tell me, does UofD and CC still play the Boys Bowl each fall?

Lmr
Username: Lmr

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Gabriel Richard, Riverview. Class of 1976. Our biggest rival was Southgate Aquinas, which is now closed, but wasn't in the list above. Gabriel Richard is still open. I don't know who their current rivals are. I think Aquinas' team name was the Raiders.

St. Patrick's in Wyandotte closed because they "folded" into Gabriel Richard as a regional high school. St. Pat's last graduating class was 1968, and Gabriel Richard's first graduating class was 1969. The old St. Pat's building was used by Wayne County Community College for a few years until the Downriver campus was built. I am quite sure the old St. Pat's high school has been demolished.

St. Frances Xavier in Ecorse closed in 1974. Some of the students transferred to Gabriel Richard and I think the class of 75 was the first one to get any St. Frances students. We did not get many since Riverview is not that close to Ecorse, but we did get a few.

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 251
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Older sisters went to all-girl Immaculata which closed AGES ago.
Brother went to all-boy De La Salle which, of course, moved to Warren.
I'm from all-girl Dominican, class of '77, which closed last year I believe. Home of the Ravens which I believe were state basketball champs a couple of years in the 70's.

Our biggest rival was Regina mostly because we were complete opposites. They had to wear uniforms, including saddle-shoes; we wore what we pleased (even our nuns weren't in habits). They were very clean-cut; we were allowed to smoke in the breezeway between the school and convent (imaging 14 and 15 year-olds being allowed to smoke on campus!) They went for the Notre Dame guys next door; we went for the De La Salle guys several miles away.

We even sang about our reputation:
"I go DHS oh pity me
Theres not a guy in the vicinity
But when we hit those doors
We smoke, drink, swear, neck,
What the heck,
I'm a wreck
Straight from D - H - S!"

During our graduation Mass in the auditorium, we even had some De La Salle guys streak through though they were caught and VERY embarrassed to be held in the parking lot, with tons of gawking girls around, until the police got there.

Margaret
Username: Margaret

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

St. Ambrose High School, class of '69: crazy co-ed football school! remember the big stuffed, screaming buses to Hamtramck! wooohooo "we are the Cavaliers, the mighty mighty Cavaliers, everywhere we go-oh, people wanna know-oh..."

Goldensunshine

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES! Another Mercy Alum!
Pamequus, do you still get issues of Merci?
My wedding picture was in the last issue! I love getting those things in the mail!

I am not sure if CC and UofD still do the Boys Bowl though. I always wished that Mercy had a PowderPuff foot ball team though, like Regina did!

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 252
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dominican also had a PowderPuff team but they only played one game a year, usually against Regina.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 146
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't go a Catholic highschool, but did got a christian one..I do have pretty fond memories of playing Teams in the Catholic leagues tho.
The Catholic teams that we played were always big rivals of ours.
We didn't have a football team, but our basketball team was awesome. I remember in 99 we finally beat Southgate Aquinas after years after years of loosing to them in the closing seconds of games. It almost ended the same way that year too, but our best player drove down the lane with the clock was winding down and made the basket just as time expired.

I also remember playing St. Alphonsus. In 01 (the year I graduated) we had a horrible regular season game against them, I think we lost by 20. In the playoffs we played them again in the District Semi-Final and beat them in overtime by 10. Unfourtunatly, we ran into inter-city Baptist in the final and they ripped us a new one..
The year after I graduated we finally got a football team. It was a joint team with Taylor Light and Life. We played in a catholic league and lost one game in the reguar season, which cost us the league title. We made it all the way to another district final, but got beat by Marine City Cardinal Mooney.

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 147
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We played Hamtramck Saint Florian many times as well.

Goldensunshine

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah . . .one of my good friends was a Regina Saddlelite. The PowederPuff Game was one of the events for their spirit week.

If Mercy were to have a PowderPuff Football game, it would DEFINITELY be against that OTHER all-girls catholic prep school -Livonia Ladywood, or whatever it's called. . .
J/K

Dinnc
Username: Dinnc

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit, or should I say Novi Catholic Central Graduate of '99. Boys Bowl was always best against Brother Rice.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My father played basketball, baseball and football for St. Florian waaay back in the day. I found out last winter that he played against a former forumers father who went to St. Andrew's.

Bishop Foley here. We had a great rivalry with Clawson. The Jon Jansen vs. Mark Campbell rivalry was really fun.

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone go to Bishop Borgess in Redford?

Nordawg_626
Username: Nordawg_626

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is this! No love for The Mighty DP St.Martin DePorres.

Titancub
Username: Titancub

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the topic... recent great story on strengths of catholic schools esp what UD Jesuit has done.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=20077082003 61

Waltbaby01
Username: Waltbaby01

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Benedictine Class of 1987. My brother and sister are Detroit St. Martin DePorres Classes of 1970 and 71.

Tompage
Username: Tompage

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of D High, class of 1967. Check out our class bricks at the new Riverwalk's Rivard Plaza!

I am most proud of the fact that U of D High stayed (and thrived as another poster wrote) in the City while others left. A proud "briefcase boy!"

Pamequus

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmm, dated several U of D fellas back in the day. Wonder if you remember any of them, Tom??
Shawn Keenan was my main squeeze for my sophomore year!! Sooooo long ago.

Goldensunshine....Checked out my Merci issue. Which bride is you? The same issue has an announcement of my first grandson, Nicholas!!

Dinnc...Back in my day the Boys Bowl was always U of D and CC....

Goldensunshine

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am in the Spring 2007 issue of Merci, my name is Kristin (Reese) Moore :-)
I am pictured under the announcements with my husband Andre :-)
Congrats on your new Grandson!

I have the PDF file from Mercyhsmi.org open right now! So far I have met two alumni from 2 of my schools on this page.

Pamequus

Post Number: 134
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goldensunshine.......:-) My maiden name is Moore.

Severi01
Username: Severi01

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U-D High Class of 1980. I started at "The High" in 1974 when 7th grade students were first admitted in what was then known as the Jesuit Academy.

Titanclub - Great article that you posted. Thanks.

Go Cubs!

Seanharper
Username: Seanharper

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Redford St. Agatha class of 93 here, and frequent lurker. Unfortunately, another Catholic grade/high school sacrificed by the archdiocese. Good times, good memories.

Sparty06
Username: Sparty06

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of D is a special place. The Jesuits are a pretty unique and fascinating order of the Catholic Church.

Tompage
Username: Tompage

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pamequus, yes I remember Shawn Keenan - a classmate of mine. My ex was a Mercy girl (Sarah Swillum).

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 482
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Dominican also had a PowderPuff team but they only played one game a year, usually against Regina"

marian high school (c/o 96, here) also has a powderpuff team. they always play just one game a year as well, and always against regina...i think that tradition has been going for 25+ years now?

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 235
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody have any memories of St. Leo High at Grand River and Warren? It's now the George Crokett Academy, a K-8 charter school. I was just there today and the place is immaculate, they have done a great job of upgrading and maintaining the place...any old alums would be proud of how well the school has been preserved.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy Redeemer’s biggest rival was St. Alphonsus in Dearborn. They were always out to get us really bad. Redeemer never seemed to match their intensity in this regard, which was hilarious because we OWNED them.

We always played them on their homecoming day in football. In turn, they would play us on our homecoming day in basketball.

I’ll never forget one year at their field they had this huge homecoming parade. The king and queen came through in a top down convertible. All of a sudden a giant lion mascot jumped out of the car (Redeemer’s mascot was the Lion). They dressed the lion up to look like he had gotten beat up! He had a black eye and was all dressed in bandages.

Nevertheless, we destroyed them! I don’t think we ever lost to St. Als during my four years of football.

http://michigan-football.com/

This website used to have historical standings information, but it looks like the data has been removed. Anyone know what happened?

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, Redeemer’s home field was also Keyworth Stadium in Hamtramck. That place was magical! Great memories there! Is it still around and being used for high school football?

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 6:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of D Jesuit High: Class of '89

Fr. Polo is forever burned into my psyche, like a frontal lobotomy -- but in a good way.

Amazing institution.

"Men for Others"

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 182
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keyworth is still there, not sure on the use.

Detx, when did you go to Redeemer?

Nere
Username: Nere

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Redeemer, too! :-) (Last graduating class)

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 115
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DLS class of '93. Have older brothers that graduated from DLS in '80, '82 and '84.

Lots of memories of running around the old school next to city airport

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 252
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new Austin Catholic High is closer to reality. From the Augustinian order's website:

The Archdiocese of Detroit announced June 13, 2005 the beginning of a capital campaign to finance a new Catholic high school in Macomb County, Michigan. A committee of parish representatives and local leaders is overseeing the campaign. The Augustinians of the Midwest will administer the school when it is ready to open.

The Archdiocese of Detroit on June 11, 2007 approved financing arrangements and gave a go-ahead to begin construction. The projected opening date is the fall of 2009, assuming that fund-raising and construction will proceed without unforeseen delays.

Rev. David L. Brecht, O.S.A., a highly respected educator with many years of experience in teaching and school administration, has been named the first President of the school, which is to be named Austin Catholic Academy.

Maxcarey

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

assuming that fund-raising and construction will proceed without unforeseen delays.

That's fairly significant. That and the timing of it just so that ND and the other closures are out of memory enough to ask for the cash.

Genius
Username: Genius

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's great that a new Catholic High School is opening. OTOH, it's going to suck a great many students away from De La Salle (I'm class of '78) and Regina. Along with other faith-based high schools in the region.

Jackie5275
Username: Jackie5275

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Pontiac Catholic and graduated from there in 1982. We were the Titans. A few years after I graduated, they changed the name to Oakland Catholic to boost attendance. They thought the name Pontiac Catholic sounded too inner city. That lasted about 3 years when the gang from Notre Dame Harper Woods took over and called it Notre Dame Preparatory High School or something like that. It's interesting how the ND Harper Woods alum (my husband being one) cry about it being shut down, but don't even blink an eye at how they took over & eradicated PC's Titans. BTW, our rivals were from Our Lady of the Lakes.

Maxcarey

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie

Did you have Mr. Turner when you were at Pontiac Catholic?

Sec106
Username: Sec106

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went to Immaculata class of 1973, boyfriend went to UD. Remember the sock hops at CC and UD?

Paczki
Username: Paczki

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck St Ladislaus class of '76. St Lads girls basketball rivalry with Dominican for the State title. http://www.mhsaa.com/news/04gb blegends.html

Kurwo
Username: Kurwo

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

St. Scholastic 87, U of D '91. Polo was impressive, but Fr. Follen was my Jesuit of choice...sardonic, sharp, sometimes fire and brimstony, but always with a dry and humorous edge.

Even went back and volunteered there for two years in the alumni volunteer corps--it is one of the institutions I am proudest to be associated with.

Re: St. Scholastica and Benedictine. Fr. Livy, the longtime pastor there who really was the heart of that parish and kept the fires burning as long as he could, when most parishes gave up the ghost, went on home to heaven earlier this summer. I'm worried a bit about my parents, as the parish is a central part of their lives.

Goldensunshine

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kurwo! You're a Scholastian' too??
That is where I went!
Looks like you graduated when I was in Kindergarten though :-)
(1896-87) school year.

We had a post going about St. Scholastica not long ago . ..

Vitalis
Username: Vitalis

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on Rustic Nation, chime in will ya? We had this huge three church parish of over 2,000 families (at one point in the early 1960s) and there's an all-class reunion at the KOC in Farmington Hills this weekend, so where are you Rustics? I've said my piece in another post, and don't get me started on being a Knight of the Altar!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Though this was noteworthy to pass on

An item from Jim Mandl (editor of the Notre Dame Alumni News Letter)

1. South Shore Educational Academy - That is the name that will be on the
front of the old Notre Dame building. I have met with the new owners of
the building. The AOD sold the school to a Baptist Church from Detroit -
East Lake Baptist. They plan to open the building as a charter high
school sometime in September. Yes, this month. They allowed me and my
dad to walk through the school, take photos, and rescue some more items
that were left as 'junk' by another group that was permitted access to the
building last spring. We recovered items such as football game films from
the early 1960's through 2005, photos, yearbooks, plaques, and other items
we felt had historical significance. There were about 30 broken windows, a
musty smell in the basement, and a lot of crickets running around, but for
sitting vacant for over two years, the building seemed to be in pretty
good shape. They will be using the old rectory as a boarding facility so
kids from all areas of Detroit may attend the school. I will have more
information to pass along about the old school in the very near future.

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 89
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic Nation checkin in, Vitalis. The all class reunion is October 6 in the old gym. Be there or be square...

Jokerman
Username: Jokerman

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notre Dame High School, class of 68

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CC 1982. Go Shamrocks. Rice sucks.

Expat
Username: Expat

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crash_nyc, you'll appreciate this memory of Fr. Polakowski:

Junior year, first day of the unit on Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, the climax of the syllabus of Polo's English course. "Gentleman," says Polo with that slight lisp and glint in his eye, "other people just read about it. You are living it!"

Corvax
Username: Corvax

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of D 1974--Go Cubs!

Sec106, those sock hops were indeed memorable--from 70-74 Bob Seger, MC5, the Frost, Teagarden and Van Winkle, SRC and more graced the UD gym.

Expat

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those wonderful sock hops of the mid-1970s at U of D actually played a big role in the political life of the school.

The school's Student Senate was able to get those great Detroit groups at a time in their development when they were well known locally but still affordable by a student government. The dances drew extremely large crowds and, as a result, the Senate was rolling in money.

The Senate's officers (led by president Neil Sullivan) wanted to use some of that excess cash to make a $500 donation to (if I'm remember the name correctly) Open City, an anti-war, counter-culture organization at Wayne States. (As I recall, they ran some kind of hot line to help people with legal issues related to drugs and, perhaps, the draft.) But the school's administration said no, because the donation was too "political."

At a famous Student Senate meeting attended by the school's president (a certain Fr. Petz), the Senate leaders pulled a move that can only be described as "jesuitical."

They pointed out that in the past, they had been allowed to pay honoraria to speakers who came to the school to speak on the issues of the day. True, said Fr. Petz, but that was completely different. It wasn't a donation; it was paying someone for his time.

"O.k.," said Neil. "What if we were to, say, invite someone from Open City to come speak and paid him an honorarium of, oh I don't know, say $500? Would that be o.k.?"

Knowing he was beat, Fr. Petz waved his hand, said, "oh, do what you want," and walked out of the meeting.

A representative from Open City spoke for five minutes at a coffee house held in the Commons. He left with a check for $500.

Mzliz
Username: Mzliz

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Immaculata class of 68, husband CC class of 65. Those were great years ! Kids went to CC class of 99 and 2001, Mercy class of 1998. They had just as much fun.

Ron_saad
Username: Ron_saad

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

St. Martin of Tours.

Willmess01
Username: Willmess01

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bishop Gallagher class of 97. Miss you George!

Corvax

Post Number: 87
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Expat,

Thought about you the other day (if you're who i think you are). going to see The Crucible again in a few weeks at Steppenwolf Theatre (the long-time artistic director of which is a former Detroiter and Immaculata grad).

Corvax

Expat

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corvax,

Well, The Crucible is certainly a hint (which, apparently, you know). But who are you? Give me a hint!

Expat

Corvax

Post Number: 88
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Expat,

First, let's see if i'm right. Were you in a Cub Yearbook(1971?)photo from The Crucible seated, looking up plaintively, your hands out? I don't know why, but i always remembered that production and the yearbook spread on it.

Corvax

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine would like to take this opportunity to posthumously thank Conrad Vachon for honing Ravine's already-thriving passion for self-expressive writing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.