Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » U-M season over? » Archive through September 03, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not much to play for now it seems. They will have to win the rest of their games just to get ranked in the top 25. Way to go boys!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We Big .... We Bad ... We beat the banana heads

Its Over

Sparty

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 195
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of M has a football team? I didn't see any evidence of that today...

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, their run at the national title is definitely finished!

Hopefully the Tigers will give us something to cheer for instead this fall.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2592
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Michigan wins the rest of their games they will most assuredely be in the top twenty five_ they will be in the top ten_ not that I think they will win those games just responding to a dumb statement by unclefrank.......

Btw it was downright ugly here in A2. You would have thought the world was coming to an end. Appalachian State is a damn good football team.Michigans arrogance caught up with them.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 196
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Appalachian State?

Is that the new state between West Virtucky and Kentennessee?

:-)

Sharms
Username: Sharms

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So App State goes home with the win....and $400,000.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4095
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now I'm really Blue. Interestingly I had a conversation with a Blue superfan last week. My words, "Appalachian State! Why? We have everything to lose and nothing to win." My words have come true.

But then I really only ask two things of the Wolverines, beat Notre Dame, beat Ohio State and my season is complete.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6436
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY!!!!

U of M Wolverines lost by a bunch of Hillbillies. Looks like Hillbilly football is back and better than ever. Oh well! They can kiss the Rose Bowl and the National Championship good-bye.

Did you all what MSU Spartans did to the has been college. 48 to 3 Now that's a fresh start. Wolverines beware. Michigan State Spartans will pound, crush and destroy weakling football team

SO STATE, GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS.

Jrvass

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell,

I actually had UM devotees say Appalachian State is "tough". Sure in Division 2. Like the Toledo Mud Hens are good in Class A baseball.

Maybe UM should go back to playing "cupcakes" like CMU or LSSU?

"Appalachian State"? I can annoy my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew for months!

LOVE IT! JUST LOVE IT!

James

Jrvass

Post Number: 199
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,

The Spittoons are next for embarrassment.

If not by the football team, then by the stoogents burning up the couches and the city!

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spittons and Stoogents, huh? Is that what passes of for humor for in Ann Arbor? lol. I'm just messing with you. GO GREEN!!!!

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 444
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For me it is. I'm with Lowell on this one. Beat ND and osu and I'll be ok.

I know the MSU crowd must be super ecstatic about this, (my younger brother is one of them partying in EL). Silly Spartans. :-)
D

Jrvass

Post Number: 200
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mayor-S...,

You could elect me King of A-squared, and I'd still refuse to live in Moscow on the Huron.

Give me Marquette and the sunny shores of Lake Superior! :-)

James

(Message edited by jrvass on September 02, 2007)

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother in law and my sister fly into Detroit this Wednesday from Portland, and we head to AA for the M-Oregon game on Saturday. He is a former Regent of the U of O, a proud alum and a real Oregon supporter. My sister ( of course) went to Michigan as did our family ( 4 generations and counting)
With their close association with Nike, we don't know which of their 14 different uniform styles the Ducks team will wear. Mick tells me they have a guy named Stewart who is their answer to our Mike Hart.
To preserve peace in the family we will ask total strangers to sit between us. I have also alerted the AA police officer who sits three rows behind me.
Lowell- We did not do well in Eugene a couple of years ago. The loudest stadium noise I have EVER heard. May I please add Oregon ( a 48-27 winner yesterday) to your Wish List?

Luckycar
Username: Luckycar

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Collage football is a speed game.The SEC,Big 12,Pac 10 teams all have speed at the QBs and on defense.OSU,So Cal and Texas have all exposed UM's lack of speed.Now add App.State!Any other small school would beat a lumbering UM with quickness.Ball State almost did last year.Wacth these fools go 11-1,get put in the BCS champ. game,and get their asses handed to them!

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 642
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The season is not over because the Wolverines have additional games yet to play. The coach and staff must convince the young men of Michigan that there is still something to play for.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 238
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Appalachian State is no joke. They have a 15 game winning streak and they are 2 time Div. 1 AA national champs. I don't think Michigan took them for granted, they just got their asses handed to them by an excellent team. If they can beat Notre Dame and Ohio State, U-M can still come back and have a successful season, but they ain't NEVER gonna live this one down. This was only the biggest upset in college football history.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a State grad and holder of season tickets for the last 7 years...I had to laugh at that outcome.

But, I also know my Spartans will probably disappoint and embarrass me this season. Will we blow a 21 point lead? Completely fall apart in the second half? Throw a pass right to their guy, as he stands in the end zone? I can hardly wait to find out.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 371
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So much for Lloyd going out on top.
If he loses too many more, he'll go out on a rail.
That defense gave up way too many points. I had to laugh when the I heard that the other team recognized on film that Mich. left the middle of the field open. Someone was sleeping on the job here.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 926
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Help me understand something here......
I'm not sure how the BCS works, but wins against 1-AA schools are not considered in the BCS rankings, are they? If that's the case, would losses not count, too?

Must have been one hell of a party in Boone, North Carolina last night. Hate to see what The Mountaineers will to next week to Lenoir-Rhyne at home.

(Message edited by douglasm on September 02, 2007)

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 316
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was the best news I received since they had they clocks cleaned by USC in the Rose Bowl. I love it the AA's lose. Let the whining begin from all those UM fans. 1st Maria Sharapova got knocked from the US Open tennis tourney then this, a perfect day!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't understand all the gnashing of teeth.

Its just a suburban Detroit school... no big deal.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 362
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boone is in a dry County so it must not have been that good of a party.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta love the biggest upset ever in college football. The loss heard 'round the world. Always hated U of M, so now I guess I have to follow the 1AA. The Carolinas aren't that awesome for college football, so this is a welcome team to cheer for. Leland_palmer, not everyone needs booze to have fun. A win over Michigan from a 1AA team would get most people higher than any drug! Pretty sure the App. St. fans were cheering louder at the big house. Since you missed the fun after the game here in North Carolina, here is a summary from as far away as Honolulu: http://the.honoluluadvertiser. com/article/2007/Sep/01/br/br9 476502318.html

Ct4438
Username: Ct4438

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Leland, those of us who went to college probably knew people that got their hands on illegal substances, so I'm sure those in Boone who wish to party with alcohol know how to get their hands on it!

And to all MSU alum and students: Congrats on the first win of the season! But I hope they are as prepared for BGSU who beat Minnesota in OT.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one year is a long time to wait...just say it isn't so....great expectations....well at least we have MOOO state and --ckeyes...to redeem ourselves...

Go Blue Go Hogs Go Wildcats Go Mean Green

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4885
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fairweather fans -atcha

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ALL: Enjoy your fun lads....while it lasts!!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3224
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu still says "Go Blue"!