Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Live Blues « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are some of the best places to hear live blues in the city during the week?

Also, I recall a place in Windsor that had good blues bands (at least 11 years ago) does anyone remember the name, and if it's still open?

Thanks.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10109
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last time at Nancy Whiskey's they were still jammin' under the new owners' grinnin' gazes.

Still a good crowd draw to a slightly out-of-the-way neighborhood.

Vic_doucette
Username: Vic_doucette

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go here, to the home page of the Detroit Blues Society, then click on "events":

http://home.flash.net/~dbsblue s/

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice. Thank you folks!

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe in Windsor it was called Aardvark, or something along those lines. It was downstairs or this blue building. I am from the east side and Blue Goose Inn on Jefferson near Martin has great blues bands on Friday and Saturday.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2265
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Raven Lounge on Chene. Real, down-home, soul-infused neighborhood blues.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.