Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Bike-Rail-Pedestrian-Green Cooridor « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for information or resources to gain access to all of the mass transit related studies that have been conducted for the city. I am aware of the Dequindre(sp) Cut/Riverwalk projects but I'm looking to use the Milwaukee Junction and then use large rail yards and the surrounding salvage/storage space to make a proposal for 3 multi-transit hubs that incorporate linear green spaces along the corridor. My two periphery sites are on the Hamtramck/Warren/Detroit and Detroit/Dearborn borders. The idea is taking derelict transit spaces and reprogramming them to foster economic growth. In theory, I'm trying to use the landscape to force the city to react to it, creating a destination-Central Park in NYC-where people want access to transit options, but are on a green corridor. The project employs eminent domain, but mostly utilizes vacant spaces. I think Detroit's comeback rides largely on the majority of the region to change their attitude of the city, but still be proactive and come find out or get involved. All and any advice would be highly appreciated.

(Message edited by hybridy on September 12, 2007)

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Query 'rails to trails' or greenways in google. Lots of information about this sort of stuff is out there.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Lots of information about this sort of stuff is out there."

yeah, we could probably be more helpful if you requested more specific information.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.