Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » WSU Stadium « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know about how many seats WSU stadium can hold?

Does the patrons at the stadium usually go downtown after the game or just drive home?

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do people actually go to the games?

Kristina
Username: Kristina

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The last time I went to a WSU football there was maybe...20 people there?

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 200
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to homecoming last year and the incentive they gave to keep people at the game was a semester of free tuition, an apple laptop and an ipod. People still left but WSU won! woo

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 580
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

capacity is around 6 or 7 thousand.

Typical attendance is around 2500

last game

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The WSU media guide lists the capacity as 6,000.

Wayne had a nice crowd (crowd of 2,600+) for their opener over Labor Day weekend.

I was there.

Do remember that for such a game it should be easy to draw say half of their crowd (say 1,300) from the family and friends of the participants, etc.

Probably 500 (rough guess but they were very present) were family and friends of the MI Tech players.

Guess what I'm saying is there is a base of say 1,000 - 1,500 of family and friends, participants of other WSU sports, and other WSU faculty and staff who would be expected to show, and family and friends of visiting players from the area.

Very nice D-II stadium. Very well refurbished and clean.

I'd guess a crowd of 3K - 4K would show significant student interest (that might be obtainable next year vs. Grand Valley).

As I understand it, students were registering, etc. right before Labor Day weekend, but classes started after Labor Day.

I didn't see many students.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Very nice D-II stadium."

Just beat a ranked div. 1 team, and that will solve the problem with lack of attendance.

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1676
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The win also had an effect at the box office, as 16,650- seat Kidd Brewer Stadium will be sold out for the first time when Appalachian State hosts Lenoir-Rhyne College in two days."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070906/SPO RTS06/70906036/1054

Emu_steve

Post Number: 462
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching PTI (Pardon The Interruption) on ESPN and they had an over/under bit. Like Yankees 1.5 wins this weekend vs. Red Sox.

My over/unders:

Will Wayne win more games then UofM?

I guess the Over/Under on Wayne wins is probably 6 or 6.5 (they play an 11 game schedule).

I'll guess UofM finishes 7 - 5 this year (defeating ND tomorrow).

I'll guess Wayne goes 7 - 4 this year.

(Message edited by emu_steve on September 14, 2007)

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of M will NOT beat ND. No way. Despite them both having 0-2 records, ND has not lost to a div 1AA team. LOL!

(Message edited by charlottepaul on September 14, 2007)

Emu_steve

Post Number: 463
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Paul.

Maybe ND is hoping to go 6 - 6 and come to the Motor City Bowl if the Big Ten isn't able to supply a team (they haven't been able most years).

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um yeah. UND pretty much embarrassed themselves today.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ND might not have lost to a I-AA team, but they were just literally slaughtered by a team that lost to a I-AA team. lol

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 409
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their faces are literally green today.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.