Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » 6,500,000 Reasons why Mayor Kilpatrick should leave office... » Archive through September 15, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to get the forums attention and opinions(for/against) on what should happen now that the verdict has been made.

Even though there are some great things happening in the city, the officials that make the decisions really need to read up on city policy. The citizens of this community really need to speak up and let The Mayor know that the money that he is spending on these cases is not HIS. If we don't speak up right now, he will continue to run this city the way he wants to AND we will continue to let him stay in office with the same corrupt people that he has working for him/US.

Speak up forum...waht does Kwame Kilpatrick need to do to keep his job?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10156
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fire friends and family and find a new chief of police would be a great start.

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So the city doesn't have to pay the piper on his lawsuit losses

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't know what he has to do to keep his job, what he will do is continue playing the race card. It's a no lose strategy if there ever was one.

Broken_main

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To be honest, when I heard him speak the other day, it seemed as though he had a lil Coleman A Young in his voice.

I think he needs to man up and accept this as a loss. Restructure his cabinet(even if it means letting his best friends find employment elsewhere), get Christine Beatty out of here. She is costly.(Doesn't she remind you of that car in the movie that goes by the same name)

Those are his losses, right there, and they need to be cut. It's okay to hire a new staff Kwame. Stop living under your momma's umbrella and open up your own. You look like a man, talk like a man, now be a man and do what's really right for your city.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep his job?? Who sez it's in jeopardy??

He is solid as a rock in this city and when Momma retires he can step into her job in DC.

A better question would be,
What could he possibly do to lose his job?

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What does he need to do to keep his job?"

That's a silly question. He's keeping his job, and probably going to be re-elected.

Time for him to just accept the verdict, not spend money the city doesn't have on appeals, and move on with city business. It'll be the best thing for him and the city.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a voting Detroit resident I happen to be very happy. My lights are on. My trash is picked up. My street is in good shape. I just found out I am getting a new tree planted in front of my house. And I got a nice tax break. He keeps that up HE has my vote and my wife's vote as well.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Don't know what he has to do to keep his job, what he will do is continue playing the race card. It's a no lose strategy if there ever was one."

And that's really insulting. He's basically saying that he thinks the citizens of Detroit are dumb enough to believe this trial had to do with race if tells them it did, and that they aren't smart enough to see it for what it is, which is a corrupt politician against two honest municipal workers, all of whom are of the same race...

And the truth is, he may be right. We'll know in two years...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10157
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

As a voting Detroit resident I happen to be very happy. My lights are on. My trash is picked up. My street is in good shape. I just found out I am getting a new tree planted in front of my house. And I got a nice tax break. He keeps that up HE has my vote and my wife's vote as well.

Granmont - Many people will ignore or dismiss your claims. People don't want to hear anything positive when speaking about the mayor. And remember, most people that live outside of the city will insist they have better knowledge of the state of the city than you do.

Broken_main

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TJ...agreed

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Restructure his cabinet(even if it means letting his best friends find employment elsewhere), get Christine Beatty out of here. She is costly.(Doesn't she remind you of that car in the movie that goes by the same name)

Those are his losses, right there, and they need to be cut. It's okay to hire a new staff Kwame. Stop living under your momma's umbrella and open up your own.

I agree. Even that other polarizing political legacy has purged some of his inner circle recently -- Rumsfeld, Rove, Gonzales, Snow.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granmont - I appreciate all those things too. But if I recall, my garbage was picked up when Archer was in office, and there were a lot more cops on the street then, and a lot more schools open.
The city is in bad financial shape, and paying out millions for one man's arrogance is yet another blow that it can't take. His behavior was 100% unacceptable, and all this was unnecessary.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diehard- Look at it from a politicans perspective If the mayor settled the case out of court for a fraction of the final settlement, he probably wouldn't gotten that second term. He would have been blasted by the public for admitting that the whistleblowers were right and the party and extra-marital affairs were all true. A politician is not going to take a hit like that, they are about trying to stay in office. He rolled the dice,he lost, now he needs to appeal then settle out of court for a higher price than he could two years ago.
Also lets be fair the mayor has little say concerning the schools and Michigans economy has a lot to do with fewer police and fewer school age kids.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2408
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As a voting Detroit resident I happen to be very happy. My lights are on. My trash is picked up. My street is in good shape. I just found out I am getting a new tree planted in front of my house. And I got a nice tax break. He keeps that up HE has my vote and my wife's vote as well."

Aw man, you're getting a tree? I got a no parking sign. I was thinking of glueing branches on it though.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you fools' Kwame ain't goin' nowhere!

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 579
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since he isn't going anywhere I am.

Goodbye Detroit, hello Chicago!

It's been fun, but not really.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What he's doing now. I hear alot of positive things from our community and others (like EEV) that they are really happy with things Kwame is doing.

This happened years ago, and yes it's totally ridiculous that it's gotten to this point. But his second term is really much, much better.

This award is due to REALLY POOR representation on the city's part. Seriously BAD representation by a crummy lawyer. Did you hear his closing argument? It was nearly sycophantic towards the mayor...ugh.

Telling him he has to leave because of this is like saying Bill Clinton should have left the White House, despite all the good stuff he did.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 464
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Luck, Bussey.
Despite the positive things (many of which were set forth before Kilpatrick took office...they were just finished after his election), I think that pursuing this case showed a huge lack of sound judgment on the Mayor's part. And you can't deny the man's arrogance...the "King" even mentioned his "reign" in this city (his word). He may be elected again, but I hope, like Kwame Kenyatta, that there is an immediate investigation into the abuses by this administration, including the shenanigans of Mayor Kilpatrick's appointees. (And I hope someone tells Mom to stay out of it).

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6515
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!RECALL KWAME!!

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 527
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mayor Kilpatrick could have helped prevented the SMART bus reductions. I wrote to him to try and get the DDOT buses to run on time and to get him to come to our city hall so he could listen to our people who wanted to keep SMART by helping out our region and Detroit.

Maybe by 2010, Detroit will do more to attract more bus riders to help out SMART and the suburbs.

If Detroit falls then Livonia will fall too. Our economies are closely tied together thus we must all work together.

Livonia transit does not work and everyone know that it would not. If mayor Kilpatrick wants to keep his job then he should come to Livonia and help us get the large SMART buses back. I'm sure he is smart enough to do this. But, if the Detroit voters are too stupid to not make him do this then they will get what they voted for.

Broken_main

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe by 2010...the Kilpatrick administration will be in the city history books

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4157
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's hoping...
But I don't live there anymore.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiters elected him, twice.
Clearly this is the man they want for Mayor. As a non-resident of the city, who am I to question their choice?

The taxpayers of the city will pay the lawsuit and life will go on...

Broken_main

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, it is time for all of those people who voted for him to stand up and let him really know how they feel. I must admit, that I voted for him, at the urging of my candidate Sharon(I will get my people to vote for you if I can be promised a job) McPhail. I regret my decision now. I know what I have to do now to make sure he doesn't get elected again.

Mr. Kilpatrick has misused his office and even though great thing are happening in this city, he can be replaced and progress can continue without him. If he restructures his cabinet and does not follow the footsteps of previous heads of city and let cronyism, nepotism and friendly relations interfere with the running of this city, then maybe I will give him an iota of consideration. he will have to change a lot though and that is why I know he will never get my vote again(because he can not and will not ever change)

Thejesus

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's no way this guy is the best thing Detroit has to offer...I just refuse to believe it...but every time they reelect him Detroiters are basically stating to everyone else that he IS the best thing their city has to offer...come on you guys...I know you can do much better than this clown...

SO WHAT if your trash is picked up on time...it's supposed to be...that's nothing to get excited about...are you telling me this is the only guy in Detroit that can keep the garbage trucks running on time???

I know you guys have some potential public servants that will not only give you the bare minimum in public servant like Kwame has, but also won't be an embarrassment by having their name plastered all over the papers all the time for abusing their office and playing the race card when all else fails...

Broken_main

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly TJ...and now he has said that God has called him to this office. I am wondering if God called him to the Lofts, and to host parties at the Mansion or did he call him to the barbershop that day.

I know a lot of people are glad that their garbage gets picked up everyday. But for 6.5 million, we could have got our streets cleaned every week, the streets could be lit all night, etc. In addition, we have Kwame's mommy saying that they will appeal no matter what the cost to the city....HUH?? This has got to stop.

Thejesus

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In addition, we have Kwame's mommy saying that they will appeal no matter what the cost to the city"

Did she really say that?

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Removing KK from office will be a task for the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate & undertake; the Federal Witness Protection Program will be called into play.
Ain't nobody from Detroit and/or Lansing up to the job.....no-body

Too many local people all-up-in the KK cookie jar to even think about going after that man.

Broken_main

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TJ

Of course she said it. It was on wxyz.com

I googled it and it came up on wikipedia(for what it's worth)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K wame_Kilpatrick

Kwame Kilpatrick's mother, Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, appeared on Detroit TV Station WXYZ and said the jury was wrong, and that the City will appeal the verdict. She also implied in the TV news interview that money is not the issue, that it does not matter how much Detroit Taxpayers will eventually have to pay to try to get the decision overturned in order to restore credibility of City of Detroit Government

I will find a more credible source shortly