Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Three Reasons people are moving out. » Why people are moving out of Detroit! » Archive through October 06, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 686
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kay...check this out.

My friends and I were driving home from the bar....in a cab because we are responsible.

Anyway...the cab driver is bringing me home first. We are driving down the side street and this guy stops us in the middle of the street and has a baseball bat running straight at us. The cab driver puts it in reverse and we are screaming go.

An SUV pulls up and hits the guy, the guy then jumps in the truck. ( I guess his friend did not mean to hit him). And they start chasing us. I mean we are going a hundred miles an hour down Moross wondering why these guys are chasing us. I tell my friends duck down, they might have a gun. They chase us all the way to Grosse Pointe...all the while we are calling 911.

We pull up in a gas station and thank God that the Grosse Pointe cops are already there. We have four Grosse Pointe cop cars and one Detroit that come.

These fools...after all that..say it was all a big misunderstanding. My girlfriend who lives in downtown Detroit is crying and saying that she is moving out of the city now because of this. I mean she was going absolutely crazy. She is defintitely moving out now.

It wasa very scary situation, but I ain't moving because of no fools...but she is. I thought we were going to die tonight...really. Those white guys looked like crack heads. But I still am not giving up on the city.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 504
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol white guys?....and she's moving to...?

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 939
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ho-lee she-it. That is some crazy stuff. Where did this happen? East side? What the hell? A guy chasing a cab with a baseball bat?
What happened with the cops? They arrest the crazy crackahs?
Sorry to hear about this, but you can assure your girlfriend this is not the norm. Glad to hear you're not moving out.
Sounds more like something that would happen in rural meth lab country. :-)

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 470
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was the fare for a ride like that?

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 190
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a bunch of whimps you are going to move because some crazy people chased you hahaha Shit the worst thing that ever happened to me was when some old crazy white lady in Brighton kept ramming her cart into our car and threatening to kill us with a gun in her purse. OR when I and a co-worker were down South and some guy yelled at us for being a bi-racial couple in a restaurant. YEAH If I was you guys I would run and hide MOVE before someone really gets you. What a silly reason to get scared and move.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1770
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where do you people hang out? All of the stories I hear around here sound way more exciting than the Detroit I know...

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2792
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt-I'm glad you and your friends weren't hurt.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4202
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Move to Troy. They're advertising on WWJ: Live and Learn in Troy Schedule

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

once at oakland mall some rednecks drove a ryder truck at me in.......troy!

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lhearthed I couldn't agree more. Coming home from where? My life is boring as all hell...and I'm at bars most mights.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 402
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like you should have driven forward rather than in reverse.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4204
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Why people are moving our of Detroit!

Moving our what of Detroit?

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

def more exciting than the detroit I am used to.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 817
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tell us more. tell us more!

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4205
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's safe in SW Detroit, for the most part. Must be that proximity to Grosse Pointe that changes everything.

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 488
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who's "kay"?

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 281
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

short for "OK"

Detroitsuperfly
Username: Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I probably would have ran him over myself.

But then again, I had my fill of the city of Detroit. The 1st place I lived in, I was woken up to the sound of gunfire in the alley outside my window. Then I moved to another place and got woken up to gunfire outside my window. Then I moved to another place and walked in the alley to take out the trash and a guy was shooting heroin behind my place. A year later in still another place, a hooker was squatting on a guy's face in my driveway, while around the corner a guy was selling drugs in the street to passing cars. The homeless guy pissing on my car was the last straw.

I don't need what Detroit has to offer.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

short for "OK"

But... "kay" has three characters and "OK" only has two. Hmm...

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 490
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, guys. I was trying to be a smart ass; the whole post sounds like baiting.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems special to me....

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitsuperfly,

Maybe you should try some different neighborhoods.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superfly..... I don't even know what to tell you. Sounds like you live at the Normandie or something in the middle of the hood.

You might want to choose a little bit more wisely when choosing a home.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 90
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice advice based on an assumption, Vizion.

two places I lived were by Wayne State. Another was SW. Another was near Belle Isle.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my bad.... were you correcting me and letting me know those are good neighborhoods?

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 91
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are supposed to be "culture" areas of Detroit.
Thusly they are supposed to be areas that will attract people.

Understand?

Sorry, pally. There are no good neighborhoods in Detroit. There are only less bad ones.

Its simply not a livable city. I've lived in several major US cities and the city of Detroit is a toilet by comparison. Sorry to offend you, but that is reality.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 464
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Sorry, guys. I was trying to be a smart ass; the whole post sounds like baiting."

Sounds to me like a few more pioneers got a dose of reality. Just because you haven't had an instance, doesn't mean it won't happen. The probabilities are much higher. I keep reading testimony about how safe it is in the inner city. Bars on Windows? Don't go out after dark? If you don't lock your doors you're just asking for it? The close to 400 homicides a year are real. They are happening as well as the other various crimes at a much higher rate than normal. Detroit is a long way from being a safe city.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5114
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So move the fugg out supa, and leave this forum. Sounds like a bad case of sour grapes to me for one reason or another. I just find it funny how some of the 'new' people come into the city and no matter where they live, no matter how nice the area, they just always seem to have some bullshit happen to them. In cases like that, dont blame the city blame the common denominator that may be something ignorant that YOU are doing. And to call the city a toilet is a slap in the face and insult to those of us to either wants to live or have no choice to live here. You can keep the smart ass remarks to yourself. Personally I am sick of reading/ hearing them. Its bad enough we got LYard's ancient, archaic negative ass wasting his time posting here when he hasn't lived in the city in a hundred years. So you had a bad experience or two? Leave apparently what happened was so tragic that there is nothing someone can to change ya mind. And apparently 99% of the people on this forum are your polar opposite. Dont' bring your Detroit hate this way. We are not trying to hear it. (at least I know I am not)...

That way there will be no unintentional offense that you have to apologize for...

Funny, I have lived in the city my whole life and aside from a single incident that happened when i was 19 i have NEVER had anything bad happen to me no matter where i have been in the city.

I have long ago come to the conclusion that people in this reason (and suburban whites especially) Do not know how to live in a major city.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5015
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, seems to me these fucks were trying to "keep it real" for lack of better term. They said it was a big misunderstanding? What did they say? seems like you are leaving out some stuff.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"So move the fugg out supa, and leave this forum"

Looks like I hurt someone's feelings!

"Sounds like a bad case of sour grapes to me for one reason or another."

Sour grapes isn't even relevant here, dumbass! Its a matter of self preservation. Even in the "good" neighborhoods, there are bars on the windows and neighborhood watches.

BTW- your entire babbling argument is based on nonsensical assumptions. I lived most of my life in the city. Think about why the city population has plummeted with every census. Think about why people dont want to even come into the city for entertainment. Its not cause its misunderstood. There is a reason for Detroit's bad rep. A VERY good reason.

Why I love Detroit is for what it once was. Face it, what made Detroit great is LOOOONG gone.

And sorry, you pathetic turd, I live in a major city right now. I had to move out of Detroit cause the economy is crap. I'm in Minneapolis. In an area that can only be described like the area near Belle Isle. No bars on the windows. Little crime. No car break ins. Thriving businesses. Black people and white people living next door to each other. You can walk in the park after dark w/o fear of getting shot.

The thousands of people migrating out of the toilet that is Detroit yearly are proof that you are full of crap! And keep your black on white racism to yourself. Mmmmkay?

(Message edited by detroitsuperfly on October 06, 2007)