Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Eero Saarinen Exhibit & other news... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stephenvb
Username: Stephenvb

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This doesn't seem to have hit the news yet (or I more than likely missed it) but Cranbrook is hosting the North American debut of Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future. The exhibit starts on November 17 and runs through March 2008 and a symposium that runs concurrently on the opening weekend.

I also ran across an article on Architectural Record that briefly mentions imminent plans for removing bleachers at Tiger Stadium. I've been out of the loop for the summer, so I don't know how imminent these plans really are.

Finally, there are a whole slew of architecture related lectures (mostly at U of M) this fall.

I've added all these items to Critical Detroit if you're interested in learning more.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Details on Saarinen posted here, but thanks for the reminder:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/115786.html?1191924118

Check some other threads on here for more than you want to know about TS dismantling.

Stephenvb
Username: Stephenvb

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, I missed that one somehow...Still trying to get back up to speed.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.