Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » More Craziness...This One at Vincentes » Archive through September 24, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10315
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WSU student murdered outside our newest Cuban restaurant...according to the News.

Not clear on whether the shots came from inside or outside the building...curious activity at 3:30 in the morning yesterday.

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 786
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Out. of. control. Ridiculous. How many murders is that downtown this year? Touted as one of the "safer" neighborhoods? At least FIVE or SIX in one tiny square mile?

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 348
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Careful Mind_field, or the "it happens everywhere" crowd will give you a time-out for saying bad things about the city.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

get it in your mind - NO PLACE - is safe

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 233
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the ratio of Cuban eateries to non is simply lower in Detroit?

Dds

Post Number: 350
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's not get into that argument either.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6567
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the sun goes down in Downtown Detroit, the po'folks, schizoblacks, mutants, DEAD (C)KRAK HEADS and the spookies come out to play. That's is why most business workers need to be home in the suburbs by 5:00pm every workday.

It's seems to me that the WSU student was a the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up dead in the street killed be someone who has a thrist for money and drugs.

WELCOME TO DETROIT! WE HOPE YOU SURVIVE!

And it's not K-Ville.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I often wonder where DPD is throughout all this. I mean, they NEVER show up. If they never show up to anything, how can they be too busy? Too busy jerking off in Chandler Park?
This crime wave and impotent city is starting to piss me off. I'm just waiting for my turn at this point.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 798
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't find the article. Anyone have it somewhere else?

Gannon

Post Number: 10327
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that link went bad.

Wonder if this will be another cover-up...they sure don't like these things reported in either the Central Business District OR the Berry Subdivision.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 285
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WTF, no longer available online for FREE!? When did we have to start paying for detnews.com articles?

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 799
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah maybe they'll cover it up like the Superbowl murder at RedSquared. Weird.

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 787
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel the exact same way you do Deteamster. That is the most disgusting part of the whole situation, the apathetic, careless, and corrupt city of Detroit government. I know there are good people who care working for the city, but they are far outnumbered by the ones who could care less.

Gannon

Post Number: 10343
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

WSU student killed in restaurant shooting Monday, Sep 24, 2007DETROIT -- A relative of a Wayne State University student said the man died Sunday following an early-morning shooting at a local restaurant. James Hampton, 25, was shot several times while leaving Vicente's Cuban Cuisine, 1250 Library St., someti... read entire article» Mark Hicks The Detroit News

Searching their site...so at least we have the original reporter's name and proof it was printed...all of these links lead to the same dead end.

Gannon

Post Number: 10346
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://search.detnews.com/sp?a ff=101&manDate=false&keywords= Cuban&pubDate=&author=&submit= search

Simply searching on Vincentes got me nothing...but a search on Cuban did, heh. Note to whomever is doing this e-scrubbing...gotta clear ALL the keywords.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2198
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow that's fucked up that it was posted then removed

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Simply searching on Vincentes got me nothing...but a search on Cuban did, heh. Note to whomever is doing this e-scrubbing...gotta clear ALL the keywords.

Probably because you misspelled it. I searched Vicente's (no 'n' after the 'i') and found the article about 20 minutes ago.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 908
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can find the lede with both spellings, but you still can't open the article.

Gannon

Post Number: 10347
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL...gotta get that espresso machine fired up.

At least I spelled Cuban correctly, thanks Iheart.

I just did a search on the young man's name, and went down a HUGE rabbit hole...seems a janitor in Washington, DC created a modern mystery...

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can't find anything in the Free press and the det.News link is stubbed.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 902
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People, buy the actual paper.

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 144
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, Danny, your posts always confuse the holy hell out of me.

Gannon

Post Number: 10349
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

People, buy the actual paper.

Whoa...

Dds

Post Number: 351
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

wow that's fucked up that it was posted then removed

And that surprises you? Just like crime, it happens everywhere!

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1902
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow. Out. of. control. Ridiculous. How many murders is that downtown this year? Touted as one of the "safer" neighborhoods? At least FIVE or SIX in one tiny square mile?

There were the two co-worker killings at Cheli's in January, but those are the only others I can think of. (The Fine Arts theater incident was not downtown.) Any others?

quote:

I often wonder where DPD is throughout all this. I mean, they NEVER show up. If they never show up to anything, how can they be too busy? Too busy jerking off in Chandler Park?
This crime wave and impotent city is starting to piss me off. I'm just waiting for my turn at this point.

I partly agree, but a lot of people complaining about impotent/inefficient city services are also opposed to any efforts to fix this by either privatizing some services and/or making it easier to fire non-performers. Gotta protect the workers at any cost, I guess, even if it lowers the quality of life for everyone else. (And I don't consider myself a conservative, and yes, some things should not be privatized.)

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 591
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there was also the woman shot at Second Baptist in Greektown

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1903
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah, right.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 617
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a WSU student with a facebook account with that same name who was born in 1982.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4961
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I found the facebook account. Not sure if it is his. There are pics of the guy and he looks shady to say the least. Refers to himself as "King" James.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4974
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah that was him apparently seeing that someone has posted a RIP message on his wall...