Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Get on the Bus Metro Detroit! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WJBK FOX 2,News/Talk 760 WJR and Goodwill Industries together made a ride to work program. The goal of this new program is to save money for the economy and help Michigan families get to work.
If you want this program to start you can donate $49 a month to the Goodwill Industries.
A link for more info,
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=4639113&version=3&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1. 1

I think with more out of the box thinking like this the economy can improve.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4347
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure that the needy recipients of those monthly bus passes aren't a gaggle of DY elitists expecting trains to take them to work. In advance, I say, "Good for them and the donors."

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a link to a Jason Carr report,
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=4646670&version=1&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1. 1
It sounds like you can really change some ones life.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 874
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, if you own a business and you hire someone, SMART has a program where you can get them a one-month bus pass, and I think it's free. Anyway call (866) 962-5515 if you're interested. I also believe there's some kind of federal tax bennie to any employer who provides transit passes for employees. I am not an employer at the moment so I don't know all the details, but the bus systems will.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.