Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Four people killed in Detroit's West Side. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6692
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 6:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GHETTO ALERT!

Four people 2 kids and 2 adults were shot and killed on the 3000 block on Clairmont St. in Detroit's West Side. This could be drug related that resulted into a act of vengence. The shooter is a black male, age 35, driving a black Ford suv. with a license plate code 2JK-R87, a possible drug dealer, ridin' dirty and living a thug life. If you have seen this person, don't approach him call the Detroit Police at 1-800 SPEAK-UP.

Just more BROTHERS KILLING BROTHERS in the ghetto of Detroit. Black folks are self destructing themselves like walking time bombs.

(Message edited by danny on October 18, 2007)

Resurget_cineribus
Username: Resurget_cineribus

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is sad, sympathy to the families. How long will Detroit tolerate the ineptness of this current administrations inability to handle crime in this city. It seems to be the going thing to cast the blame on the grandma, blame the citizens, blame everyone but the current administration, city council and the Chief of Police. "I'm tired of seeing our children dying," "We need the citizens to step-up," Police Chief. "We knew this house had narcotic activity" Police Chief. They knew this but failed to do anything about it. "We received calls of gunshots", Police Chief. How many other locations throughout the city do they know are "dope houses." I'm not saying that I don't believe in personal community involvement, because I do. But it comes a time when our elected officials have to step up to the plate. What more do you want citizens to do, take matters into their own hands.
Let's not forget who the real victims are.
Danny I believe the anchorwoman misrepresented what the chief said. They don't know the description of the suspect, the 35 year old male was one of the victims.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The police are doing a great job where we live. I don't know how you expect police to stop a random crime such as this - that is probably drug related. Our president has been spending all of our resources on fighting a war in a country that is doing nothing to the US. While funding for jobs, drug fighting money has been cut by 50%. How do you expect DPD to do it all themselves with less federal funding? The test of DPD will be for them to CATCH this guy.

Resurget_cineribus
Username: Resurget_cineribus

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granmountrules this is my sentiment exactly, Government finds funding for what government wants be it local or federal. If you live in the Grandmont area I'm sure you're familiar with a random murder on the streets this past summer. And DPD's response by putting cops on the neighborhood streets. All I am saying is that Detroit cannot cannot afford to allow crime or the perception of crime to run rampant in our streets. The cost is to great for the city to do nothing but complain about what the citizens are not doing. Most citizens just move. Plain and simple.

(Message edited by Resurget_cineribus on October 18, 2007)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2446
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How do you expect DPD to do it all themselves with less federal funding? "

To be fair, they really weren't doing shit when they were getting federal money...

Smitch
Username: Smitch

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Link to the story here:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20071018/NEW S01/71018009

A whole family murdered. Two innocent children killed.

Don't know if you can blame Detroit police for this. As granmount said, the real test for the DPD will be catching the guy.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10789
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, there were terrible murders throughout the reign of the black market with alcohol during the late twenties and thirties...although the ruthless Purple Gang and their ilk usually kept things away from the women and children.

Legalize it...get the power OUT of the hands of the black market.

There really IS no 'war on drugs', yanno. They really don't care about anything other than creating a control situation where the hammer can come down at any time against civilian citizens doing what indigenous peoples have been doing since the dawn of time...in order to maintain their civility!

Expect the hammer to start coming down as Blackwater, Inc. just signed a HUGE contract to 'eradicate the narcotics supply chain', both within and outside our borders. We want these cowboys running the anti-drug efforts instead of Homeland Security...whoo-boy. Can't wait for the collateral damage body count.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 4044
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The police are doing a great job where we live. I don't know how you expect police to stop a random crime such as this - that is probably drug related.

There are plenty of people calling into WJR who live and that area who are basically saying the police don't care. They go down to the station, wait around for 2 hours and then the officers treat the complaint like a joke. Just reporting what they are saying in my ear right now.

Hey, we have known for years that many of the cops themselves don't live in the city, residency requirements aside. Do they know something the residents don't?

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 925
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be interesting to see how far the police get in solving this incredibly horrific crime. When someone has a beef with somebody else that is of such a magnitude that it causes the perpetrator to execute children, it is no secret. Lots of people know who committed this crime. The problem is that most of them inhabit a criminal underclass that adheres to an immoral code of conduct that will justify keeping silent.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 597
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Swingline, quite correct. This will not so much be a test for the police as it will be for the community. Will folks who know, and there must be (or will soon be) many, succumb to the "no snitching" mentality or will people rise up and say "enough is enough" and turn them in.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The police will solve this crime. There are enough people willing to hand these child killers over to the police just like in the other case. But don't get it mixed up while DPD does a decent job in solving crimes once they happen they can't be held accountable because they didn't prevent this or any other crime.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 4055
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

But don't get it mixed up while DPD does a decent job in solving crimes once they happen they can't be held accountable because they didn't prevent this or any other crime.

That is debatable. If the police ignore the prior reports of citizens, which is happening, then when someone is shot they must share the responsibility. In addition we have a legal system that is releasing known violent criminals on the streets who are likely to re-offend.

Clearly certain tactics can be used by police to reduce the incidence of crime, this was done in NYC. Part of it is being aware of where the problem areas and people are and getting them off the streets. How many parole violators are in Detroit right now that are not being pursued?

I understand there is a funding and manpower problem on the force but it is a misnomer to say that good policing will not prevent crime.

Urbanpioneer
Username: Urbanpioneer

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live less than a mile from that location outside Boston-Edison and heard the gunshots while I was working late at home. I have dogs and running every morning and I see a cop car in my neighborhood three times a week. Still I've had a mixed bag with the police. I've had them come promptly when my burglar alarm was tripped and they walked with me through my house room-to-room; another time I called 911 when I saw a gang heading toward me and aI called again after they jumped me and they never came, despite calls to the central station. (911 had 350 calls the hour I was assaulted.)
I think Detroit is in a Catch 22 -- the city can't afford the manpower it needs to catch let alone deter the bad guys, which allows the bad guys to operate with impugnity; even if they did stop/catch the bad guys, state taxpayers won't foot the bill for incarceration/education/drug treatment etc. I think the cycle is just spiraling. Then add to the mix the much of the city's tolerance for low-level crimes _ theft, vandalism, truancy, marijuana etc --- and the future looks bleak That said, I'm thinking of selling --- to move to another house in a more thriving part of Detroit. I was looking for a good time for my first post ...

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 481
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The police will solve this crime."

Yeah, right. Like the fireworks shooter and the shooting on Woodward the night before the Super Bowl. Ella is incompetent.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Urbanpioneer!

This four-bagger should help us along with our race to 400+.

Firstandten

Post Number: 103
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wash_man - you can always find the exception in any case. For the most part the police solves these kind of high profile cases. I believe they will solve this one as well.
perfectgentleman- I agree that police can not ignore the complaints of citizens but I wonder if you look at the sheer number of drughouses in the city(in some areas I would bet at least one a block)are we being realistic that the police can react. The police have neither the manpower or the funding to do community policing on that kind of level. We need to hold the other areas of the criminal justice system accountable as well when these types of crimes occur.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4379
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ike McKinnon on WJR today was hinting that vigilanteism might be necessary (by the neighbors).

Lobsterpots
Username: Lobsterpots

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard the story on WBZ Boston 1030 AM, while driving to work this morning. The Boston report that was broadcast made absolutely no mention of Clairmount being a drug house. The 20 second shocking report described the crime scene as a well secured home, and led the listener to conclude this was a random home invasion massacre.
I'm sure this story was broadcast throughout the country. It's unfortunate for the innocent children that were victims,and also unfortunate for Detroit, as I believe this will have severe and lasting negative effect which will stymie positive growth in Detroit.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3137
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From what I understand, the people let the man in, because they knew him. They were sleeping when he came to the door. They let him in and went back to sleep, then he killed them. Bizarre.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't agree with the vigilantism, but I do agree with the community involvement. The cops can't do it alone, nor should they be expected to.

Ella Bully was interviewed this morning on channel 4 news (about 6:15am, from the scene) and she stated two or three times that this was a "known" problem house and they had received "numerous" complaints of suspected illegal activity there for a while now. I wonder when, or if, the police force who was receiving these reports ever intended to act on them, or just look the other way.

Surely the cops could have put together a team to check out the accusations, and if they knew about it, why did it take two kids and two adults getting killed for them to show-up? A bit too late, I guess.

These are the types of incidents that preclude Detroit from ever making a viable comeback. Waiting more than 5 minutes for a cop is unacceptable anywhere, not just Detroit.

With the amount of apathy shown by the community in regard to solving these problems, it is no small wonder that we march toward the total annihilation of the American-African race.

We must gather together to ensure that this stuff stops happening now. When you see crime, report it. Taking back the streets from these punks is all of our responsibility, and we owe it to the future of our children to speak up when we see wrongs being committed. That is the only way to alleviate this problem.

Smitch
Username: Smitch

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caught him

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/14366356/detail.html?tree ts=det&tml=det_break&ts=T&tmi= det_break_1_01270210182007

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

School officials said the students are finishing their MEAP testing Thursday, and they will have grievance counselors available to the students on Friday.

And people wonder why Detroit MEAP score are low so often. Hmmmmmmmm.

I can't imagine a child being able to concentrate on doing well on a standardized test after two of their fellow students were brutally murdered.

Wait. I forgot. It's the teachers not doing their jobs.

\threadjack

Johnlodge

Post Number: 3142
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Police have arrested a man at the Royal Inn Motel in Royal Oak Township in connection with a quadruple shooting in Detroit on Thursday morning."

Good old R.O.T.

Blech that place.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5535
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The guy who killed those kids will be spending the rest of his short lifespan in prison being tormented by other prisoners, the majority of whom detest child killers... hence "short lifespan".

He doesn't deserve solitary confinement, so that every day he's incarcerated will be living hell for him.

Schadenfreude...

Granmontrules

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just because the police chief knows it is a problem (the house) doesn't mean they can arrest someone without a warrant that is granted by the courts.

Glad they caught the stupid jerk. I hope he rots in prison.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 429
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is so sad, what a waste. prison is too good for these folks. so the dpd knew this was a drughouse.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 903
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going to part ways with most of you and blame these killings on the killers. Yea, I know this sounds crazy, but I really think the one(s) who pulled the trigger should be the ones held accountable. Sure, George Bush is the likely culprit for some of you, but he has an alibi. The DPD as "Occupying forces" might be blamed too, but can you blame them for raising their families where they are less likely to get shot? And of course many of you will put the blame us: Society. We are just so uncaring and apathetic. But I'm going to put blame on the bad guys. They did it, and they should face the music, plain and simple.

Donut
Username: Donut

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shucks, looks simple to me. Once you catch them, gather these murders up after you have 100, put parachutes on them, put them aboard a plane for Africa---doesn't matter just where & once there, BYE-BYE out they go one by one. Don't have to worry about prison population explosion or their murder while in one & I'm sure the War Lords there can use some extra help.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ troll!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 484
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard a relative of the deceased man on the radio today. She said that he was a "good man". She said he was dealing drugs but never committed any serious crimes and never spent time in prison. To me that's the sad part, that these types of people don't realize that dealing drugs IS a serious crime.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2736
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wash_man, where've you been?

Danny

Post Number: 6696
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GREAT NEWS! Royal Oak Police has finally caught the 35 year old black male who killed 4 people on Clairmont St. In Detroit's West Side at a Royal Oak Hotel. R.O. Police said that they found the black Ford suv. parked at the hotel. He will be taken to be question. This 35 year old black male have a history of living a drug infected thug life in the ghettos of Detroit and have numerous criminal record. If he's found guilty of murder in the court of law, he would get LIFE in prison.

Everything the Bill Cosby said in his fight to save the black race in America is coming true. Within 12% of the African American race in America is not the black females who are getting in trouble, its the BLACK MALES with no one to lead them up into the successful life in our changing society.

African American males WILL BE EXTINCT by the year 2100 if they don't change themselves right away.

Granmontrules

Post Number: 215
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell- I think DONUT should be banned for his racist comments.

Firstandten

Post Number: 104
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

unfortunately, we are going to see this situation over and over again. In areas such as were the murders occurred the main economic driver is the drug trade. When you have areas so dependent on the drug trade to drive the economy you must deal with all of the many negatives that go along with it, such as murder, such as robberies, such as stripping vacant homes and on and on. The problem police have is that you shut one drug house down another pops up in a few days. Some people don't even look at dealing drugs as a serious crime, its just a way to get by in these rough economic times.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 4101
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is true that those involved in the drug trade are violent, but why do they NEED to kill people? If it is just a job to some, why all of the violence? Most of the folks that work "legitimate" jobs don't cap their co-workers or competitors.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 3159
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because you can't take a guy to court for not paying back drug money?

Firstandten

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perfectgentleman- because the drug trade is illegal people don't have a legitimate recourse like tell the police or go to BBB when they feel they have been abused by a customer or competitor. The violence not only settles the grievance but sends a message to those that would challenge or cheat that person that this can happen to you also.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 4104
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Firstandten -

Thanks for straightening that out. And here I was thinking it was because that people who sell drugs that ruin the lives of the people in their own community are pre-disposed to be scumbags who have no regard for the rule of law or human life. Silly me.

Of course your theory does not explain why these thugs also kill innocent people, but hey, why quibble over the details.

Firstandten

Post Number: 106
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perfectgentleman

Are the people who sell drugs scumbags? You bet!
These people can't look past their needs and wants and see the greater good. Innocent by-standers are usually people that can identify them thus leading to prison which in their minds is to be avoided at any cost.

Firstandten

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perfectgentleman

Are the people who sell drugs scumbags? You bet!
These people can't look past their needs and wants and see the greater good. Innocent by-standers are usually people that can identify them thus leading to prison which in their minds is to be avoided at any cost.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1469
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand that what I'm about to write may seem awful. I do not mean to be offensive.
I saw the mother of Jason Davis, the murdered man, on the TV news yesterday; I imagine that some of you saw her, too.
Again, I feel sort of wrong about saying this, but I'm going to say it.
That woman looked angry (which is quite understandable,) but not just angry. She looked evil, to me. Really, really evil, in fact.
Part of the reason for my going ahead and stating that, at the risk of being offensive, is that I heard there will be some kind of prayer vigil, in front of that house, at 7:00 PM tonight.
I would not go anywhere NEAR that house right now, and definitely not at 7:00 PM tonight.
I hope I'm totally off-base, but I strongly feel that there is something terribly scary about this situation.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 3198
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"An organization is planning a prayer vigil tonight in front of the west side Detroit home where two young children were shot and killed early Thursday along with their mother and her boyfriend.

Minister Malik Shabazz of the New Marcus Garvey Movement/Black Panther nation said he’s organizing the gathering to put an end to the violence permeating throughout Detroit.

“We want to pray and we want to do some work to back up the prayer,” Shabazz said this morning. “We’re gathering to speak out against the crime and against the violence and to increase the peace and love.”

The vigil begins at 7 p.m. in front of the home on the 3000 block of Clairmount where two children Alexus and Terrence Eppinger. 9 and 6, were shot while sleeping. Their mother, Lynnette Lawson, 28, and her boyfriend, Jason L. Davis, 34, were shot and killed in a separate bedroom."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20071019/NEW S01/71019029/1014/BUSINESS01

About that "Minister" Malik Shabbazz...

"Several American Muslim clerics and the extreme anti-Semitic and racist New Black Panther Party (NBPP) blamed Jews and Israel for the September 11 terrorist attacks during a news conference at the National Press Club. The three-hour event on October 31, 2001 was televised live on C-SPAN2 to a national audience.

Malik Zulu Shabazz, national chairman of the NBPP, which co-sponsored the meeting with an apparent ad hoc coalition of some American Muslim organizations, described as "Muslims for Truth and Justice," called the United States and Israel, "The number one and two terrorists right now on the planet."

Shabazz, who has a long record of anti-Semitism, also said "Zionism is racism, Zionism is terrorism, Zionism is colonialism, Zionism is Imperialism, and support for Zionism is the root of why so many were killed on September 11.

"We have to make it plain that Zionists control America, lock, stock and barrel," Shabazz said. "The European Jews have America under control, lock stock and barrel, the media, foreign policy."

http://www.adl.org/anti_semiti sm/shabazz_backgrounder.asp

You could be right Ravine... Something bad is afoot here, and we don't know the whole story.

(Message edited by johnlodge on October 19, 2007)

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 764
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you play with fire, well, you might get burned. This is what happened to the 2 adults who got murdered. Never mind social, economic or whatever circumstances. Sounds cold? What's cold and despicable is that two innocent children were murdered. And it's even more despicable that the parents exposed them to this situation.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mmkay.

lol.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 477
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goes back to great parenting skills.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yet another page in this story.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20071021/NEW S01/71021017

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 456
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about the city let this situation go on for so long without taking action. what about the neighbors letting this happen in their hood?
they need to blow these fheads out of the water and take care of business on the doorstep before the druggies run them out of their homes.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every time there is a story about this, in every city in America, I can't but help to think that this stuff should simply be made legal. Safer. Cheaper. Taxed. Suddenly the need for the brutality ends. Use that money to educate and help those addicted.

It is eerily how similar the drug trade today is to the crap during prohibition. Same thing pretty much.

I don't agree with drug use, but I really don't see any other option. And I can't even begin to fathom how many thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of people have been killed due to this stuff. Maybe more people would use drugs if they were legal, but I gotta say, trading all these brutal murders for a few more people who get addicted to drugs seems like a worthwhile tradoff to me. Not to mention the money aspect of it either.

Educate and prevention is the only way to go. Banning this stuff does nothing but drive up the price and bring out the criminals.

But do I think it will EVER change? Nope. Too many people out there believe making something illegal is the only way to prevent it, and they're all too afraid to think that if they make drugs legal that everyone and their dog is going to start using it and become an addict. I say it is a bunch of BS. Most people today don't start smoking any more because we've all grown up being told the dangers of smoking. Start a new generation being told all the same about drugs and most of them will chose not to use either.

I just really see no other way. Period. And especially not in Detroit and Michigan where the police are overworked, the money is barely flowing, and the prisons are overflowing. What you gonna do? Keep up the same old? Getting the same results?

I can't imagine the lives and money saved. I can't even fathom it.

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of the problem is the new laws on child abuse. I don't believe in beating children to teach them right and wrong, but parents and teachers no longer have any power to discipline kids and so they grow up thinking they can get away with terrible things. When I was growing up teachers and parents could smack you. Now the kid threatens to call 911. People that commit these crimes have no sense of being responsible for their actions or that there might be repercussions. No respect for human life.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4427
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If drugs are legalized, then the muggings and auto thefts, etc. would surely increase dramatically. The low lives will simply enter other businesses. And on it goes...

Danny

Post Number: 6707
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean that if pot, steroids, crack, meth, E, L.S.D. ect.. were legalized. There would more broken families bringing trouble to our American society. The U.S. would a nation of idiots not preparing for any national crisis that would the cause the fall of the United States and the world and maybe the extinction of the human race like the dinosaurs we are.

Hosea 4:6 " MY PEOPLE ARE DESTROYED FOR LACK FOR KNOWLEDGE."

Danny

Post Number: 6708
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep street drugs ILLEGAL! It's a better way to save our families.

Firstandten

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder a lot about this. You have a classic case of public policy versus economic law. On one hand public policy says no way should drugs become legal, the havoc it would reek on our families and communities over the long run would probably mean our downfall like Danny says. On the other hand we are fighting a never ending war on drugs, because of the profit in it, there is a never ending supply of people willing to get into the business. So what do you do,lock up the dealers and throw away the key, public executions of users and dealers ?

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2709
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a precedent for your thoughts 1stand10.

This is excerpted from a wsj may 2006 piece by T.Dalrymple

"It is not true either that addicts cannot give up without the help of an apparatus of medical and paramedical care. Thousands of American servicemen returning from Vietnam, where they had addicted themselves to heroin, gave up on their return home without any assistance whatsoever. And in China, millions of Chinese addicts gave up with only minimal help: Mao Tse-Tung's credible offer to shoot them if they did not. There is thus no question that Mao was the greatest drug-addiction therapist in history.
Substitution of one drug for another is at best equivocal as a means of treating drug addicts. No doubt if you gave every burglar $10 million, each would burgle far less in the future; but this treatment of the disease of burglary would scarcely discourage burglary as a social, or rather antisocial, phenomenon. And the fact that there would be a dose-response relationship between the amount of money given to burglars and the number of burglaries they subsequently committed does not establish burglary as a real disease or money as a real treatment for it."

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 237
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard someone firebombed the home where the killings took place on Clairmont.

What a shame...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.