Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Duggan for Mayor......... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2701
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he would do a good job

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10541
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he would be a great one term mayor. He could do what needs to be done that others are afraid to do.

I think he is killing the DMC but his ability to cut expense may be what the city needs. What works in the political field doesn't translate to his current role.

I suspect he will try to position himself for Gov, not Mayor.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5534
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He should have stuck it out as elected Wayne County Prosecutor, where he would have done a good job, rather than ruin the Detroit Medical Center.

He probably wouldn't have been bad as mayor, but City Council would probably try and block his every move.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10543
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I certainly wish he was the County Prosecutor over Kim Worthy.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 212
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He doesn't live in Detroit.

Citylover

Post Number: 2702
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He can move back.........

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 290
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fat chance (to citylover).

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6554
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please, NO!

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 5612
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He would fit right in as a corrupt Democrat...it might even be better than what the current hip hop mayor is up to.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3813
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...Ruin the Detroit Medical Center"

Says who? People I know who work there, including family who have been there over the long haul, think that he's consistently done the right thing. If you're referencing the slow divorce from WSU, you can't neglect to place blame on WSU.

But I would choose Kilpatrick over Duggan.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Kilpatrick over Duggan. He doesn't even live in the City - no cred. Sure he can move in - but why didn't he a long time ago?

Citylover

Post Number: 2703
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No cred my ass............and batson I thought you were not some dogmatic neocon ; I may be wrong.

Duggan is a detroiter as much as anyone on this forum even you granmont. He was McNamaras bad guy, was doing a good job as prosecutor and seems not to care about his political career. He might do some unpopular but neccesary things were he mayor

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 431
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who

Ccbatson

Post Number: 5654
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know quite a few horror stories related to him during his tenure at the DMC (his current position). Once again, he is not likely nearly as bad as Kwame, so...

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4250
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe he could finish his promise to catch TURTL.

Fagetaboutit, Feiger has a better shot [none] at being mayor than Duggan. Maybe he should try starting with nice bite size chunk, say Ann Arbor, and working his way up.

Citylover

Post Number: 2704
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he had any connection to ann arbor I would be all for it..............

Ccbatson

Post Number: 5671
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rumor has it he has his eye on Jenny's seat as she leaves (believe it or not).

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 265
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cannot resist this one.....

I've had ny eye on Jenny's seat...ever since she took office.

She has a nice one.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 349
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiters would never elect Duggan for numerous reasons.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3236
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiters would never elect Duggan for one reason.

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duggan? You've got to be kidding!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5539
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ccbatson, I agree with you about horror stories regarding Duggan at the DMC. My brother-in-law used to be a mid-level manager at Children's Hospital. The mid and lower level management at DMC detest him.

However, that said, I think that had he continued on as Wayne County Prosecutor, he would have continued to do a good job.

He seems to do better with his bully pulpit mentality in the public sector.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 5673
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is/was the definition of a shallow, self serving, liberal political manipulator personified. Sorry for beating around the bush.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3817
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok, by management you mean hospital administrators and people on the business end, right?

Perhaps they destested him because he came there to change things.

It's much more important what the actual health care professionals and patients think about his performance.

Children's, btw, is very much detached from the fate of the DMC because of all the donations they receive.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 5686
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Litle to nothing redeeming about what he has done to, and at, the DMC. A brief synopsis...alienate WSU SOM, put resident Physicians on the street after stealing their salaries, trying to do the same to all residents, making a deal with a rival medical school, forcing Karmanos to back out of a deal that would have saved them millions, threatening to close as blackmail to get a bailout, Destroying the careers of 2 Deans (possibly WSU's Reid), Gutting every department of the Physician faculty leaving nobody of recognition in charge and then blaming them for declining volumes, it goes on and on.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.