Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Mayor Drops Appeal in Whistleblower Suit. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Mayor has decided not to appeal and Walter Harris will not be put on the stand:

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20071018/NEWS01/ 71018057

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

spend a few more million$ in legal fees just to have the original verdict upheld, then spend more millions in a second whistleblower lawsuit. About time Kwame saw the wrighting on the wall. This has to be one of the most intelligent decisions he's made all year!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am blown away. Just BLOWN AWAY!

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 428
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent, good to see our money put to good use.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 291
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Since the verdict, I've listened to pastors, business leaders and so many Detroiters who genuinely love and care about me and this city. I've humbly concluded that a settlement in the civil cases involving the three former officers is the correct decision for my family and the entire Detroit community," the mayor said today in a written statement.

"The door is finally closed on the last lingering issue from my first term in office. Our city deserves all of our attention and for my part as mayor, I will dedicated my life to transforming Detroit into the city we all know it can become and that God intended for it to be."
--------------
pure comedy

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 5610
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like he (Kwame) has a lot more skeletons in his closet that he doesn't want to risk exposing.

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2229
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"is the correct decision for my family and the entire Detroit community,"

I'm glad I can pay for Kwame to do what's right for his family. How about not being an ass and keeping your pants zipped up. That would be the correct decision for your family and Detroit tax payers.

How much money do Detroit residents pay out per capita for incredibly stupid personal decisions made by elected and appointed officials? Here's $8.4 million down the drain in a city with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. A whole lot of stuff could have been done to directly benefit citizens of this city (other than the three who will be receiving this settlement) if Kwame would start thinking with his head.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8.4 million divided by 360,000 taxpayers, whats that, only 24.00 +- per taxpayer, no big deal.

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 5653
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To cover up his corruption?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 213
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going to go out and spend $24 on myself right now. Then when I have expired that money, I will come back here and feel obligated, yet justified in complaining about detroit woes.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure taxpayers will feel they got their money's worth with some rip roaring laughs. Another sad case among many in a dysfunctional city.
Throw in the Claimount St. shootings and it's been a fine week for Detroit.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure taxpayers will feel they got their money's worth with some rip roaring laughs. Another sad case among many in a dysfunctional city.
Throw in the Clairmount St. shootings and it's been a fine week for Detroit.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

paulmccall - Every time I read your posts they are the most negative posts on everything about the city - the mayor - pretty much everything. Do you live in the City? If you do my wife thinks we are neighbors - do you post under your real name?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? Somebody living in Detroit being negative about Detroit? Whatevs...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6700
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soon all Detroiters will have to chip in to pay Jerry Brown and his friends including KING KWAME! So much for the Hip Hop Mayor. This city would have a lot better of Freeman Hendrix was mayor.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 478
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lived in the city from 1951 to 1978 and see things haven't gotten any better since I left.
Same old problems...crime, incompetent city officials, crummy schools and poor police response (if any).
It's hard to be positive when it's the same old thing over and over again. Until people in Detroit rise up and demand better government, they won't get it.
I had high hopes for Kwame the first time around. He never should have be reelected the second time and city residents have only themselves to blame for that.

Granmontrules

Post Number: 218
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

paulmccall- Thus why you are so negative. I have said several times on here that non-Detroiters are the biggest complainers. There is a guy down the street from us who is biggest complainer we have ever met. His name is Paul. We thought you were him. But you aren't even a resident. Figures.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 480
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep and there are a lot more non residents every day.
Some people just won't put up with the crime and bad behavior. I haven't been robbed or had my house broken into since I left either.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmcall said:
"Until people in Detroit rise up and demand better government, they won't get it."

So why didn't you stay in the city and provide the example of rising up and demanding better government? People like you flee to the suburbs and then complain. I have no problem with you leaving for suburbs, not that it matters either way. In fact, I'm happy for you and hope you continue to only see blessings in your life. Question is, why do people of your ilk choose to wallow in the misery of inept Detroiters when you can wallow in the Garden of Eden that is your community today? *SMH*

Granmontrules

Post Number: 221
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

paulmccall- Is the biggest whinner on this forum. He hates Detroit. And every post he has shows it. He is just embarrased that he left the city and lives in some dump of burb with his sad lfe. So he takes it out on us.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6703
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a matter of fact, this city would have been a lot better of Hazen S. Pingree was alive the become Mayor of Detroit. He'll clean up the mess we make with the reform tactics. Maybe he'll give some poor Detroiters, a seed, plow and hoes and create a " Pingree Potato Patch."

Paulmcall

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sure as heck don't feel bad about leaving Detroit.
If more people left maybe, city officials might take a hint and get serious about fixing up the city.
I liken moving to refusing to cater to a bad restaurant. If you get crummy service, bad management and high prices you are fool to keep going there.
I'm quite happy where I live and don't miss having to always look over my shoulder and worry about crime, high taxes, crummy schools, poor police response and people making excuses for incompetent city officials.
If you can afford to live downtown, are young and don't fear for your personal safety good for you.
Don't blame me for Detroit's problems because I wouldn't put up with them when nothing was being done to solve them 30 years ago.
We stuck it out in our neighborhood long after everyone we knew moved. How many people on here have been robbed and had their house broken into?
I don't like living in that type of atmosphere. A hell of a lot of other people (black and white) also refuse to and that's the city's population is shrinking.

Granmontrules

Post Number: 222
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at a party today - mostly all Detroiters at the FREEP race. They were all laughing about some guy who was scared to live in Detroit and moved to one of the Grosse Pointes. After being there for a few months he has been robbed twice and one time is was a home invasion. You are not safe anywhere paulmccall. Somehow I feel we are better off without you and your attitudes.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmcall said:
"I liken moving to refusing to cater to a bad restaurant. If you get crummy service, bad management and high prices you are fool to keep going there."

You're absolutely right and I agree with you 110%. However, after I found a paradise restaurant, my thoughts certainly wouldn't be with the crummy restaurant I just left.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.