Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Unico Products, Inc. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ookpik
Username: Ookpik

Post Number: 343
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is/was Unico Products, Inc.? I acquired an old seal - like the one a notary uses - that makes an impression, which states: Unico Products, Inc. - Corporate Seal - Detroit, Michigan. The "seal machine" was patented July 15, 1923 so I don’t think it is a recent company.

Ookpik

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they are not among the advertisers in my copy of "Detroit Today-1921" and pretty much every other business is in there...

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 135
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Union Paper & Twine Co. 551 e.fort, from 1929 Polks Guide.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/ t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=genpub &cc=genpub&idno=acs8107.1928.0 01&q1=unico&frm=frameset&view= pdf&seq=297

(Message edited by karl jr. on October 19, 2007)

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

are Unico and Union Paper& Twine one in the same?

if so, they are in my 1921 edition.

i don't have the ability to post it, but imo, my ad is cooler. it claims they are the home of "Turkey Linen."

btw carl jr-i have been looking for a home for my 1921 Polk Detroit Today. i was hoping to find a forum member who would use it as a resource for answers to questions just like this.

i presume it has little monetary value, but much more so in situations like these. it's in very good condition, other than smelling like an old book. i came into it while going through the personal effects of a deceased relative. if you're interested in it and would use it like you have your 1929 copy, please let me know.

Ookpik

Post Number: 344
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karl - Interesting info! I'm not sure that "Union Paper & Twine" would refer to themselves as "Unico Products, Inc." on their corporate seal but maybe they did!

Zimm - If Karl doesn't want your book, I would be interested. It would keep me from having to pester y'all. ;)

Ookpik

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 136
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would be interested and would love it, but seeing as Ookpic (COPY) has his extensive picture collection that it could help him with I would give him first chance. He would use it more than me (COPY) But remember Ook we'll be pester'n you now!(COPY)

I have a old adding machine parts box that says "Union adding machine tape" Unico 551 e.fort, detroit michigan. So I would assume it was a trade name of that company.

My question is, where was EAST Fort Street??

Nevermind it was a stupid question I looked at rumseys map. of coarse it was and still is east of woodward, just more extensive back in the day.

(Message edited by karl jr. on October 20, 2007)

Ookpik

Post Number: 345
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karl - Thanks for the info and thank you very much for allowing me to have the book. Your kindness is appreciated. Pester away!

Zimm - My e-mail address is: ookpik72 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Ookpik
(COPY)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.