Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Shameless plug for local business « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10615
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we seem to have many people far and wide with varied interests I figure I would link to a John King Book search on Detroit books.

Now, if you live in the area it would be better to spend money in the store and support local businesses but there may be some things of interest here:

http://www.rarebooklink.com/cg i-bin/kingbooks/results.html?s earchfield=keywords%2ccat1%2cc at2%2ccat3%2ccat4%2ccat5%2ccat 6%2ccat7%2ccat8&searchspec1=DE TROIT

** I have no affiliation with JKK Books but have spent numerour hours lost in the monstrous book warehouse.
Top of pageBottom of page

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 887
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Truly one of Detroit's treasures, and John himself is the kind of character that it seems we had more of in the old days. 2 minutes west of Capitol Park on the Vernor line for my bus-riding friends. Lodge at the Howard St. exit, with parking on the E side of the building, for y'all motorists. Open six days a week, and I think only during the day.

I have no affiliation except that I spend money there on my good days :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.