Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Working On Detroit Based Board Game « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Atticus91
Username: Atticus91

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm making a board game about Detroit for a art class I'm taking. It is similar to the game risk with the map as Detroit. I need some more local opinions before I can finish. Here are some questions; answer whatever you want.

1.What are some of the unknown local monuments of Detroit?
2.Where is a good place to hear or get some good local music and who are the musicians?
3.Are there any empty buildings or warehouses that are popular hang out grounds?
4.Where is a good place for car customization/body work?
5.What are some local restaurants where I can get some great food?

Thanks for anything you can give me. Who knows maybe it will go to publishing and you can buy a copy.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No to be sarcastic, but I would just read through some of the topics on this board to get an idea.

Use the search function and type in the items you are looking for.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 997
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't Risk about conquering other nations? I guess you could divide up a map of Detroit into its many neighborhoods. I would love to see, for example, the posh Indian Village people mount an attack against the gritty, blue-collar Delray. haha.
Just don't get any ideas of invading Hubbard Farms. We have cannons.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.