Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Last Fort Wayne Workday for 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just wanted to put out a quick post to all who have volunteered or are thinking about volunteering at Fort Wayne letting everyone know that this Saturday, November 3, 2007, will be the last workday of the year at the Fort. We could use help with the many winterizing tasks that we need to accomplish. Please consider donating your time to one of Detroit's most significant historical landmarks.

This year, to date, volunteers have contributed over 4000 hours of time to the preservation of the Fort. It is looking better than it has in over 30 years.

PlymouthRes
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
Projects Committee Member

Detroite
Username: Detroite

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When should volunteers arrive? And where on the grounds are we to meet?

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroite,

The workday starts at 9am until 5pm. Feel free to stay as long you you like, or if you have to leave early, thats cool too.

We met at building 112 (the gate guard can direct you when you get to the Fort). Bring clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Also, depending on the amount of people showing up, we normally chip in for lunch, but we do have a refrigerator if you want to brown bag it.

On a side note. The typical non-profit estimation for the value of hourly work is roughly $20/hour. The over 4000 hours of contributed time the Fort Wayne Coalition/DetroitYES forumers/Boy Scouts, General Dynamics, Ford Motor Co., etc equals to almost $80,000! That is enough money to equal almost 2 full time maintenance employees at the Fort!

Thanks everyone for helping to show the City of Detroit how important Fort Wayne is to the city, state and as individuals!

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
Projects Committee - Secretary
www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just as reminder that this Sat will be the last formal workday for 2007 at Historic Fort Wayne.

Thanks for all your help and hopefully, we'll see you next year!

Dinnc
Username: Dinnc

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello out there. I was unable to go to the work day due to my current residence in North Carolina. I would love to see any pics from the work day! Let me know when the next one is and maybe I can get a flight to help out.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6791
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I had to work, :-( but Plymouthres, as we discussed, anytime some "unofficial" workday occurs, give me a call.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.