Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Blue and Green: A tale of two states » Archive through October 31, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3238
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu Says: "Go Blue"

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AMEN Zulu!! GO BLUE it is!! Sign up quickly....ES61 is giving 3 points for M on a friendly $20 wager...he'll cover any and all bets!!

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 681
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO STATE!

Kgrimmwsu
Username: Kgrimmwsu

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cant wait to tailgate and I actually snagged a ticket to the game for free.
GO MSU

Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3239
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Note to Moderators- this is beyond sports, its a State of the State issue, so dont put in the sports thread, until after Michigan beats'em like they stole somethin' ...."

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waking up at 7AM and walking over to the next block over from me to tailgate.
State will pull the upset this year.
GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 850
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Swgz31, Michigan has already been part of the biggest upset of the year.
Go Blue

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 254
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for getting off topic, but do you play rugby Zulu?

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3883
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

30-10 Michigan.

GO BLUE!

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 696
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SPARTY ON!
GO GREEN...GO WHITE!
Michigan State....THE university of Michigan!
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!~

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO STATE!

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 923
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry sparty-fan, there will be no couch burnings this year.

UofM will prevail on their way to being undefeated when they meet their true rival from down south in A2 on November 17th.

None-the-less, I will concede your women always outshine the women of maize & blue, so enjoy that, and the fact that basketball season is only a month away.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Appalachian State repeat! :D

Go GREEN!!

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, who else did Sparty lose to???

It gets so hard to count after 3 this early in the season.

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 186
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i truly hope that people don't expect a team that is 4-19 in their last 23 Big 10 games to defeat a team 31-6 in their last 37 Big 10 games?

come to think of it, Michigan losing to Michigan State MIGHT actually be a bigger upset than Appalachian State.

Go Blue!

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO GREEN GO WHITE GO EMU GO EAGLES lol

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 353
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is always so interesting to me in the UM/MSU debate is that most of the people rooting for Michigan didn't actually go there. What that translates into is that most UM fans are losers seeking the artificial glory of being associated with a winner.

That being said, GO STATE!

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never played for the Tigers but I've rooted for them my whole life. I guess that makes me a loser seeking the artificial glory of being associated with mediocrity.

/MSU Spartans, 2007 national champions!
//We are talking about hockey, right?

Pussygirl313
Username: Pussygirl313

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to try tail gating one time.
seems like it might be a fun thing to do.
go ohio state

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4285
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron, you did't have to go there to figure out that the best team in college football history is the one and only UM. They even have the best uniforms and helmets. [Okay so I went there.] GO BLUE! :-) 33-14 UM over Meltdown State.

How's this for a score prediction

Always a great topic that cuts across political and social lines.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you couldn't tell by my username,

GO BLUE!

And yes, I do attend U of M

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 462
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spent my days on 1329 1/2 South U and my nights at "the old" Mitches or upstairs at the UGLI trying to talk to those hot Indian girls doing their physics 140 homework. :-)

I was at the last game where MSU defeated U of M. Remember the magical clock and TJ Duckett's winning score? Aside from the jeering, I remember getting food and pop tossed at me constantly. Maybe it was my bright Maize Shirt in the MSU student section.

MSU could pull the upset. But it will boil down to the team with the most Hart.

U of M 28
MSU 14

GO BLUE

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3015
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 4:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It gets so hard to count after 3 this early in the season."

^^OSU student

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't be so quick to count out the Spartans. They have been in EVERY game this year. Including on the road against the #1 team in the nation. They've lost 4 games by a combined 24 total points. That's less than a touchdown a game. On the other hand, Michigan has lost 2 games by a combined 34 total points.

Another thing. I hate to tell you this, but your defense is not going to hold us to 10 or 14 points. No way. Even Ohio State couldn't do that.

I won't lie, MSU will probably lose, but anyone who thinks Michigan is going to come in and just blow us out has another thing coming.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you walk into a crowded party how can you tell who the U of M grad is?

wait three minutes, they'll tell you

.............ba--dum bump!

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 2373
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best Halloween party I ever attended was at that frat house across from the Arboretum...dry ice, great costumes, plus all the necessaries for a great party.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 851
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to spring this on you El jimbo, but it was your defense that did all the scoring against OSU not your offense.
But I do think it will be a close game in East Lansing

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you walk into a crowded party how can you tell who the U of M grad is?

wait three minutes, they'll tell you

.............ba--dum bump!"

- crickets chirp -

Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3240
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AndyGuard73-

Never played rugby, only football (American)

Ron-

U of M grad...I'm So Blue, I am A'Maizin' :-)

To the environmental crowd...

The only way Michigan goes green is if it first goes Maize (ethanol) and Blue (protects its Water rights)

Zulu says "Go Blue"!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6747
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

S GO GREEN, SPARTANS! Beat those cheating Wolverines. See you at Spartan Stadium.