Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Monroe Block « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scruffy
Username: Scruffy

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone provide me again the link to the website that showed the building concept for the Monroe Block. I recall seeing it on an earlier thread but can't find that now.

Thanks

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 307
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

speaking of which, any news or developments on the future of this site?

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

didnt they tear it down? Except for the National Theater?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5659
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norwalk... that's the next block over from the Monroe Block. Part of that block has been razed, but the ugly parking structure above 1st floor retail is still there east of the National.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The photos are here.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/for ums/Monroe-block-development-t 42306.html

The main link is dead, but the individual photos still work.

Wschnitt
Username: Wschnitt

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any pictures of what used to be there?

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2991
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a group of 1860s to 1880s-era commercial buildings, two- and three-story. It was a great loss; and torn down for no good reason.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took some furniture out before they knocked it down. My eternal regret is I didn't take the wooden hat blocks out of the hatter's space...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.