Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Gooooo Fire Up Chips! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this should really be on the sports thread, but I wanted to make sure to remind all those "Blue and Green" people know that there's a certain Maroon and Gold school that just beat the Bronco's 34-31 to solidify their spot atop the MAC West!

Fight, Central, down the field,
Fight for victory!

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4405
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They've got a great team this year, both offensively and defensively! They're playing good ball, they're playing as a team, they're giving it 120 percent, even when playing on the road!

I'd have to say that the only way that they can lose the next game is if they don't win!

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sweetness!

(Message edited by cmubryan on November 07, 2007)

Mcwalbucksnfitch
Username: Mcwalbucksnfitch

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fight fellows, never yield
We're with you oh varsity

Unfortunately I had to catch the game in spurts, as I was at work in the library all night. Certainly plenty of celebrations after, though.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 814
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bastards. i only caught the score here and there in the second half, but it seemed like a close game.

(former bronco)

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 301
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Former Bronco myself.

I am surprised that the score was so close.

Not a lot of love for Western Michigan any longer; not since the Administration poop-canned Men's Track and Field - the sport that produced more All-Americans for WMU than all others combined.

Bass-turdz.

Andyguard73

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcwalbucksnfitch, at Park Library? What department are you in? Scott R, Central scored the winning td (Which was reviewed) with 12 seconds left. Definitely close.

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That play should be reviewed again...bullshit...that wasn't a touchdown and he fumbled!

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first one WAS a TD, Reetz, and it should have been overturned at that time, so justice was served. Except WMU would have had a few extra seconds had they done it right the first time.

Mcwalbucksnfitch

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, at the Park Library. I work at Java City.

And Udm, what year did you graduate from HFII?

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel WMU was jobbed a few times in that game, starting with ejecting the best player on a bogus call in the first quarter. Those watching know what I mean. Call the personal foul for unsportsmanlike, and leave him in the game.

That said, I agree with the final play. The first play was PROBABLY a TD, but the second one absolutely was not. But it never would have been an issue if it wasn't for the cheap shit PI penalty on third down earlier in that drive.

Andyguard73

Post Number: 258
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcwalbucksnifitch I'm up in the reference department.

Mcwalbucksnfitch

Post Number: 69
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Small world, I spend most of my nights there either working or studying...week nights that is.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.