Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Miss Big Sonic Heaven « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zumby
Username: Zumby

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen a lot of posts on the Web of Detroiters bemoaning the loss of Big Sonic Heaven and how this is nothing like it anymore on the radio.

The folks at Auralgasms miss Big Sonic Heaven too and have created a show to fill its void.

Aural Bliss airs in the all too familiar time slot of 10PM-Midnight and features 2 hours of Ethereal Dreampop, Britpop, Triphop and Electronica.

There is also a live chatroom during the show for listeners to congregate and discuss the music. There is a strong feeling of community in the chat.

You can view recent playlists at

http://www.auralgasms.com/cs/f orums/718/ShowForum.aspx

Tune into the show at

http://www.auralgasms.com/radi o

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9913
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great local website. I have found more than a fewgood new bands there. Check it out! It is worth it.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 416
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Indie 103 for your fill. Everything good starts in Detroit but ends up leaving.

http://indie1031.com/1439_big_ sonic_heave.php?id=61

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2457
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought this was a thread about a beauty contest...

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6380
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally I go back & forth between the two stations. It's mainly Auralgasms during the day and at the wee hours when Big Sonic Heaven is on, I'll flip over to Indie 103 to listen to Darren Revell.

Both very very good alternatives to Detroit's mundane and bland free radio market. I've gotten some music purchases that I would've never have known about if I didn't listen to these folks.

Goat

Post Number: 9914
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I didn't know Front 242 were playing in Detroit without Auralgasms.
Hey! Update that on "tours" will you?

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When is Front 242 playing? Just listening to Loud and Off. Love them!

Goat

Post Number: 9916
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nov. 16 at The Majestic.

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, I thought it was a beauty contest too. "And the award goes to..........(drum-roll please)......Darren Ravell."

Hey, he managed to get Disney do let him do his thing for all this time. Much respect.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dreampop, Britpop, Triphop? What about Pophop and Hop on Pop?

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 525
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In the event that Miss Big Sonic Heaven is unable to fulfill her duties over the course of the year, the first runner-up will assume her title."

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always wondered what happened to Darren. Good to see he's still doing his thing. Losing BSH from Detroit radio was just another sign of the ill-winds that blew from corporate consolidation.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6426
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Losing BSH from Detroit radio was just another sign of the ill-winds that blew from corporate consolidation.

You can say that again.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.