Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Roseville « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone out there have any historical pictures of Roseville? I just moved here (1st house) from Warren two years ago and I've been trying to find some old pictures of my neighborhood (I live on Koontz).

Caldogven
Username: Caldogven

Post Number: 133
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerrytimes
I lived on Linwood and one of my brothers lived on Barbara! I will see if I have any pictures.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3520
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations on your first house, Jerry! You sure picked a good time to buy.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 675
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEre is some info on your neighborhood. Here are two plats each representing a different block of your street. One was platted in 1952 here.
Brody-Frazho Subdivision
http://www.cis.state.mi.us/pla tmaps/dt_image.asp?BCC_SUBINDE X=33482
The other off of 10 mile was platte in 1956
The Gulason Brothers Subdivision
http://www.cis.state.mi.us/pla tmaps/dt_image.asp?BCC_SUBINDE X=39003
Here are a series of Aerials.
http://techtools.culma.wayne.e du/media/macomb/1949/ha-2-83.p df
Koontz will be built a bit west of Kelly where you can see the angled drain on the Gualson Brothers plat running accross 10 mile in the aerial. The rectangular open space at the top along gratiot is where Eastland will go and a subdivision to the east of that.
You can still see both parcels undeveloped here.
The north part from Church to Frazho(Brody Frazho Sub) was platted later this year, just south of the new homes on Frazho at the endo of the large open land where Eastland will go. It appears from the plat the owners of that land were named Robert and Rhea Brody. The parcel off of 10 mile just west of Kelly south of the north parcel was owned by people named John and Anna Kubani and the people who bought it and developed it in 1956 were named Edward and Lillian Gula. Hence the Subdivision name. In this photo when you zoom in you can see an unimproved Church road seperating the parcels.
http://techtools.culma.wayne.e du/media/macomb/1956/ga-21-35. pdf
Here you can clearly see the divided KElly at 10 Mile road. From here go west 3 streets to the underconstruction part of Koontz from 10 Mile to Church (Gulason Sub). It appears only the two houses at Church and Koontz are complete (show models?) THe north Sub Brody-Frazho is complete in this photo. Now it is in the middle of other subdivisions. Eastland is also present.
http://techtools.culma.wayne.e du/media/macomb/1961/fm-35-78. pdf
Here you can see the Gualson sub from 10 to Church is STILL under construction 5 years later. Seems to have been moving slow. Note the amount of open space still around west of the neighborhood.
That is the last old aerial available from there. Hope that gives you some good info.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3521
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.macomb.lib.mi.us/ro seville/historical_genealogica l_society.htm

Here's the link to your local Historical Society. They may have fun stuff. I purchased some photos at the Ferndale Historical society of 9 & Woodward in 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, 1970's, and framed them up and they make great artwork for my house.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 66
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the links! I always wonder about my neighborhood and what it was like back in the 50's and 60's. My grandparents lived on Tuscany in East Detroit (I hate calling it EastPointe) and I've always enjoyed looking at old pictures from when my Dad was a kid. My house was built around the same time as theirs.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which part of Tuscany?

Also, you might find the wall photos at Tubby's on Gratiot to be interesting. Strange place to find historic pictures, but they are pretty cool.

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 262
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My late grandparents lived on Lawn, just off of Frazho. There is/was a Fire Station there. They had what , at least it seemed to me as a little kid, a huge lot "back to back" to the Great Scott or Farmer Jack`s.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were also some great photos on the wall at the Farmer Jack at 13 and Gratiot, before they closed. I don't know if they are still at the Kroger or not.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 678
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old photos from the Farmer Jack in Chesterfield are now at the Chesterfield Library maybe the ville did the same thing.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They lived on Tuscany, in between Hauss and 10 Mile. Their house was actually on the corner of Tuscany and Hauss. I have seen the photos in Tubby's.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.