Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Partial Collapse Imminent « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 411
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sadly, it looks like the upper level of this home on Erskine is about to fall. My guess is that the first significant snowfall will take its toll. I guess Hip City Living only wants to save the lower level.

Follow the deterioration here

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can't call it Slumpy (RIP), that would be Slouchy?

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 421
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call him Buckles

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 412
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Buckles.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 923
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is sadly predictable. Soon all that will be left are the photos. Groan...

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought leland was first predicting trouble for Michigan at Wisconsin.
But that turned out to be a total collapse.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another quality project brought to you by the fine people at Hip City Living.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2224
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Buckles.

Awwwww....thank you......

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 210
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The skyline on http://hipcityliving.com/ leaves a lot to be desired.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6912
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936,
you never cease to amaze me.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The website's for sale... I would assume their lead article in the news section explains it all:

"A real estate speculator goes from boom to bust "

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 320
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kslice, didn't you know? The Detroit skyline is made up of just the Renaissance Center and a bunch of other semi-fictional buildings. Nothing else.

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 413
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Brush Park Village North part of the project is now located at http://hipcitydetroit.com/

Clarie
Username: Clarie

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In its heyday, who lived in those homes?

Kjwick
Username: Kjwick

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't blame the "hip-city-detroit" people. They inherited the house in that condition. From the alley, the house has has been collapsed for 3+ years. I'm surprised the front has held out this long.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4296
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree with Kjwick. I have photographed that site over the years, long before hip city stuck up their sign. I say give them a break, they are trying, they are doing ~something~. This from a couple of weeks ago. It is not just another rectangular box, has mansard roof, bay windows and looks interesting and promises to be a good fit.

hip city living construction detroit

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Believe it or not, not every building currently standing in Detroit (in one form or another) is going to be saved. You have to pick your battles.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just don't see it as good branding to put your name and logo on a building, and then over the course of a few months, do nothing and let it fall down. What crappy marketing. Stupid or not, I would NEVER buy anything from Hip City Living, as this is my perception of them...speculators and slumlords. Right or wrong.

If they want to buy homes with the intent of building anew, but letting nature slowly do the teardown for them, that's fine (I guess...), but wait until construction to put the sign up for God's sake.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a shame that this organization doesn't have the success of Bagley Housing Association in SW Detroit. Those people just flat-out amaze me.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bagley Housing Association = not for profit
Hip City Living = for profit

Sometimes you need the government to give you an incentive to do something that the free market wouldn't otherwise drive you to do.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.