Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Northend « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Clarie
Username: Clarie

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember Davision and Dequindre before I-75.

All th stores up and down Dequindre. The Russell bus to go downtown.

Washington Elementary School.

Anyone else with those memories?

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 677
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My grandmother went to Washington Elementary School I believe. I worked with a guy who grew up in that neighborhood. Told me lots of things about it. Seeing it today it is hard to believe it used to be like it was!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4297
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clear up something for me... I always thought the Northend meant the area north of Grand Blvd., kind of where Northern High School is. But I never really knew that for sure.

Thoughts?

[Welcome to the forum Claire]

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 862
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering the same thing.

Clarie

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank You.

Northend for me is from Oakland to 7 mile. Woodward to Conant.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 885
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Northend for me is from Oakland to 7 mile. Woodward to Conant."

That's the Northend I remember...There used to be a great fish market in that neighborhhood. Live, cleaned while-u-wait kinda place.
(Judge) Greg Mathis grew up on the Northend.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 356
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm somewhat confused by those boundaries. You named three parallel streets and one cross street. There is no area bounded by those streets.

Clarie

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oakland and 7 mile. They are parallel. Southern boudary and northern boundary.

Woodward and conant..also parallel. One the west boundary, the other the east boundry.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 373
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oakland is definitely not parallel to 7 Mile.

Clarie

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you are right, sorry. Had a lapse of memory.

It is Grand Blvd. on the south.

Thanks for helping me.

Hard day at work.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.