Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » "Thrill" killing in Canton « Previous Next »
Archive through November 12, 2007Barnesfoto30 11-12-07  2:47 pm
Archive through November 12, 2007Detroitnerd30 11-12-07  5:28 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 422
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DN - re: "reform." Do you have a break point, a line beyond which you agree that an individual is beyond reform?

I don't want a bloodbath, but I remember crowded schools and dirty playgrounds in my DPS experience. When the choice is coddle a crook or extra help for kids (or the elderly, or infrastructure repair, etc.) it's easy for me to prioritize. Take them out.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Craig, you propose some sort of Maoist Cultural Revolution where we kill those we deem crooked? I'm flabbergasted...

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd: That's funny. I had this, I don't know, kind of odd idea that we were supposed to take sick, twisted individuals who kill with impunity and to try to reform them. (That goes for Bush and Cheney too.)

Thats the problem with this criminal justice system as a society we can't decide whether prison is to punish or reform so we do both... poorly !

BTW lets find that deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. Drop the prisoners there with some food and tools and tell them to make it as best you can

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 579
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tiger Stadium? Modern day Coliseum? Revenues? :-)

Hey we need those seats back!

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5599
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Jesus #2713 is a clasic post. jjaba, ROTFLMJAO.

The Jesus did leave out the Dingo attacks possible, wild kangaroo meat for dinner, eating grub appetizers, and driving on the wrong side of the road, plus the toilet water flushing backwards.

Thanks again. You are funny.

jjaba, staying away from Rouge River.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4445
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"BTW lets find that deserted island in the middle of the Pacific"

That would be Farallon de Pajaros, northern most island of the Marianas, which as you all know, are US possessions.

http://oceandots.com/pacific/m ariana/pajaros.htm

Craig

Post Number: 423
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DN - Do you understand what drove Mao and the Cultural Revolution? Your spurious linkage of the local incident and ideological terror suggests that a close re-read is in order.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

prison island? when i was about nine years old, i imagined a fortress built to contain prisoners. it was nothing more than a large, deeply forested area bound by thick concrete walls that were hundreds of feet tall, and extended hundreds of feet below ground. helicopters would fly by occasionally to drop food in that the prisoners would have to find and fight for.

i agree with those who believe true punishment is lifetime incarceration. you can't execute a prisoner and hope they've "learned their lesson." death is not punishment for someone suffering, it's a release - and prison is suffering. there's a reason why timothy mcveigh demanded execution. it's nicer.

now, another egregious aspect to this crime: the reporting. why was the media so completely unable to refer to the victim without predominantly featuring "registered sex offender" in the headlines and captions? cripes, you'd think the parents have incalculable grief as it is - and the unconscionable media, with its lust for sensationalism, spits in their faces. it's unforgivable.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw a CSI Las Vegas rerun a few days ago where the case was about a bunch of middle class, bored kids who go around beating innocent tourists just for the thrill until someone actually dies. Grisolm says at the end "That's what happens today when kids grow up with mass media, no morals, etc." I thought what a stupid, unrealistic episode that was and what a twisted mind those Hollywood writers have.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, sounds like you plan on icing people. Big time. Sounds about as unamerican as the Gestapo to me.

Craig

Post Number: 424
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DN - Nazis offed people because of what they were, not necessarily because of what they were doing. Individuals who deliberately break the contract need something extreme, and having had to protect my home and family with bats and guns I am content to forfeit the lives of those who threaten the peace of others. Same Constitution. Same due process. Just a noose for the real bad types.

Maybe you have a very different world view, but I know people who have lived in mortal fear (not like a roller coaster ride where the danger passes - but live, day in and out), and it is for these people -victims- that I advocate extreme punishment.

J__rod
Username: J__rod

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So how did they even link these two kids to the murder? I haven't read anything that says why these two kids are guilty.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great. I'm sure all the people you kill will deserve it. And the only added casualty will be our way of life as Americans.

Super ... fucking ... stupid.

You are not entitled to your opinion.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, this thread couldn't even reach the 2nd post without someone trying to start a shit-fit.

And some of you wonder why Dyes posting/membership might be down..

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And some of you wonder why Dyes posting/membership might be down..

supersport spilled beer on his keyboard, that's why.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was a guy in his late 20's doing hanging around with a 17 year old kid? And he also owed him money? WTF

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2068
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah - dead guy with no head was a sex offender, so Im thinking perhaps theres more to the story than "we were bored". Right now we are riding a wave of media hysterics - watch, later it will get much more specific.

Im betting it was not a 'thrill' kill, but perchance a payback of some sort.

Craig

Post Number: 425
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DN - answer the original question: how far is "too far" for bad behavior? Were the executions of Nazis at Nuremberg wrong? Sadddam Hussein? Timothy McVeigh?

Craig

Post Number: 426
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mauser - "dead guy" per Detroit News, was 17 when he slept with a 14-year old. By that standard we probably both know lots of sex offenders.

I agree that there is probably something more to the case, but I doubt that whatever is not yet public is related to a boyfriend/girlfriend fling nearly ten years ago.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 540
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When i first read this article i felt sick...These two kids are nasty animals...Jail is not justice for these bums. Why waste the money on taking care of them. The victim's family should be aloud to choose the methods of torture.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 369
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The victim was 17 and had sex with his 14 year old girlfriend. He was convicted of having sex with a minor, jeeze, as bad as that is, it doesn't really match the generalized notion of a "sex offender". He wasn't a trenchcoat wearing cretin, he was a young guy who showed bad judgement.

Regardless, no one deserves to be lured into a garage, a garage prepared with a tarp on the floor to catch the blood, then repeated stabbed in the back, bled white, and decapitated.

These boys are germs, and need to studied, then filed away in a prison for the rest of their lives. In prison they will be preyed upon - passed from one gang to another - their rectums will bleed from repeated violations, their jaws will be broken, their eyes blackened. They will suffer short and terror-filled lives.

But that assumes that Kim Worthy will actually convict them.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was working the midnight shift at a convenience store in Westland in the early 1980's. There were always 3 guys who would hang out at the side of the store nearly to 3:00am or even to 5:00am. Talk about losers! They always gave me trouble and stole stuff from the store. One night, they got violent when I stood up to them and I started to carry a gun with me to my shift. But the store manager wouldn't back me up or do anything about those guys. So I quit. About a year later, one of the guys raped and killed his own sister. Killings happen all over but we get some of the more twisted ones, it seems.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 915
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dumb Question of the Day:
Okay- a convict is about to be put to death by lethal injection.
Why do they rub alcohol on the guys arm before the injection?

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

out of habit!

kill'em all and let God sort'em out.

Craig

Post Number: 430
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do "they" swab the arm with alcohol? You're probably thinking of the movies (unless you're playing at being DY Andy Rooney).

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 919
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they think that if they don't swab the arm, the dead-guy will develop an infection?
I say jab it right in his arm and be done with it.

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw this photo on another site. WDIV's Karen Drew thought it was necessary to demonstrate the proper method for beheading someone on the six o'clock news:

Karen Drew

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this for real? Was this really during a segment about the killing?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3098
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"So how did they even link these two kids to the murder? I haven't read anything that says why these two kids are guilty."

Rumor has it there's a third involved that's been pointing the way.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I know, right? The 6 o'clock news has officially jumped the shark.

Gnome

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alexander James Letkemann's myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/5565693 4

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yes, happened last night.

New lows in TV news. What a horrible reporter.

Steamaker
Username: Steamaker

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I saw a CSI Las Vegas rerun a few days ago where the case was about a bunch of middle class, bored kids who go around beating innocent tourists just for the thrill until someone actually dies. Grisolm says at the end "That's what happens today when kids grow up with mass media, no morals, etc." I thought what a stupid, unrealistic episode that was and what a twisted mind those Hollywood writers have."

401 Don. If you look it up on the internet, this actually happened here in Vegas. A bunch of kids going around beating people for a thrill. Hollywood didn't make this up

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard on the news today that the "sex offender"
was seventeen and the girl was fourteen,BUT,she
told him that she was sixteen at the time.
How many ID's did YOU check when you were that age?
Also my friends and I at that age had some of the first photo/non paper MDL's at that time.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4298
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, if anything, this proves the old saying:

"A friend will help you move; a true friend will help you move a body."

And what does that woman sword-swallower have to do with this thread?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6797
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kids who thrill kill! If the problems start at home, then the warning signs should be present.

Alexander Letkemann and Jean Pierre Orlewicz had hid their psychological hurt in their hearts and went out to find a innocent man and kill for the thrill of it. This is what happens if parents don't watch their children or teach them from right from wrong.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2732
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^the one guy is 18 and the other was 5 minutes from being 18...we aren't talking about children here who can't be expected to know right from wrong...these guys are adults, and will be treated as such...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6799
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If these two young adults didn't knew from right from wrong. But they decided to do wrong from right.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "these guys are adults, and will be treated as such..."

Don't be surprised.

Gnome

Post Number: 377
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This whole thing reminds me of Leopold and Loeb and their 1920's "thrill kill" of little Bobby Franks.
http://www.leopoldandloeb.com/

Loeb was killed in prison, Leopold was paroled in 1958 after 33 years in prison where he established prison educational programs and submitted to malaria vaccination studies.

Loeb's father was an exceedingly wealthy guy by being a big-wig at Sears and Roebuck. Loeb also owned an experimental farm in Charlevoix known as CastleFarms. It is now a music venue, like Pineknob, and conference center.

Leopold and Loeb had Clarence Darrow defend them, I doubt those punks Letkemann and Orlewicz will have such resources available to them.

good.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Danny, up to a point.

When the Columbine killings happened, I remember yelling at the television, "What do you mean the parents didn't know their kids were building bombs in the garage!?! What parent doesn't know what their kids are doing?
A younger brother of mine, now 45, misbehaved since he could walk and was in trouble with the law until he was about 30. The four other siblings were raised by the same attentive parents and turned out "fine" (whatever that means).

Our youngest son/stepson gained much local notoriety about four years ago when he set off a bomb in his middle school and was expelled. He, too, was troubled and difficult from the beginning. We tried every type of intervention: camp, medication, psychotherapy, strict rules, lenient rules, everything.

I know it is tempting to assume that families are clueless about their own kids because they are too busy, but that is not always the case.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read that Clarence Darrow didn't even get hardly paid for his efforts to keep those two punks out of the electric chair. They felt that he was paid enough by the publicity. Serves him right. Those two should have fried. BTW, Karen looks really "hot" with that knife!

(Message edited by unclefrank on November 14, 2007)

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Karen looks really "hot" with that knife!"

Yea baby, my kinda gal!

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Further proof that y'all suburbanites are just bat-shit crazy when it comes to killing people. Beheadings, cutting up wives in band saws, dumping bodies in lakes. Shucks, if we Detroiters are gonna kill somebody, we just plain ol' shoot 'em. Boring but still effective and without the mess. :-)

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i guess i should be living in detroit, just shoot em, oh yeah ya forgot about putting the body in the freezer, this reminds me of the kids in warren who cut that girls head off and put it in the freezer.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.