Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » 10/Ten Southfield « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eboyer
Username: Eboyer

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this project still moving along? Or has it been scrapped? Their website says construction to begin Spring 2007...

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2765
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is/was it?

Eboyer

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you go TJ: www.10tenliving.com

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2766
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow...didn't know about that one...that's a sexy-looking residential building

Eboyer

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't look too hot if it's ever built. That's pre-fab concrete you see there...

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 986
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The site appears dormant at this time. They had a bunch of equipment in there for awhile but it is all gone.

Prior to this project, there were a few homes on a very aggressively posted private road. I believe they were all cleared, and then things seemed to stall.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3689
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peaceful condo living in the mixing bowl!

I like that they have considered the kids as well, as seen in this Children's Recreation Area plan:

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3200
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMFAO!

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1753
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went driving around back there last month, there's still three intact homes left. It doesn't look like anything is going on back there, nor has been in quite some time; Not surprised, they wouldn't get any return on investment in this market.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 350
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, there is some amazingly peaceful areas in the upper-right of the above photo. Serious. I've hiked, biked, and snowshoed in that area. With the Rouge River flowing through there and the amazing greenspace, it looks like up north. It connects with the Berberian (sp?) property. There is also some greenspace in the bottom right. Southfield wants to connect these with a trail following the Rouge as it travels beneath I-696 and the service drives.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 386
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fishtoes is absolutely correct, the area behind the tel-telve mall is truely amazing. The terrian falls off about 75 feet into a completely wooded little paradise with the upper Rouge cutting south under the freeway and then it runs along Telegraph Road to Rouge Park.

It's a trip in a kayak, but you can't go under the freeway because it's grated off. I've run the Rouge from Quarton Lake in Birmingham south thru Beverly Hills - ran into Bob Talbot feeding ducks - into Southfield down to Detroit.

In fact the DNR set up a bit of a fish run at the corner of Telegraph and 10 mile road. Every year the trout make a run right there. Pretty interesting. You can be on that little stream, not 20 yards from Telegraph and not hear a thing.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5767
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, I've been in the stretch of Rouge north of 12 Mile Rd. Absolutely amazing. A tranquil oasis of a subdivision in the middle of suburbia.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 389
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok, yeah that whole stetch of the Rouge is a bit of a surprise, you can float right through peoples backyards. Pretty

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.