Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Wayne State and Cartier sunglasses....... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5167
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EVERY WSU Campus-watch report has an incident involving Cartier sunglasses. What gives??? Who wears $2000 sunglasses?

“The second incident occurred on October 12th at 7:57pm when a male student reported he was attending a Lip Sync show inside the General Lectures building when he was approached by four unknown males. One of the subjects grabbed the students Cartier prescription glasses off his face and ran out of the auditorium. The victim chased the subject outside, caught him on the north side of the building and began struggling with him. At that point, two other subjects approached and took the student's jacket and backpack which had been dropped in the struggle. All the subjects then fled on foot westbound on Warren. Several WSUPD officers responded and chased two of the subjects to the north side of the football field area where both were caught and arrested. The victim has positively identified both subjects as the perpetrators”

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forget the glasses, the real news here is that WSUPD caught the punks, and on foot!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5783
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy there sure are a lot of stupid people out there who buy $2000 sunglasses.

A few years back a Southfield 15 year old lost his life because he refused to give up the $1000 Cartier glasses that his mother allowed him to save up money for... bet his mother has regretted that decision ever since.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^while buying $1,000 is definitely a stupid thing to do, can we agree that the lower form of life is the person who steals them?

Soulsauce
Username: Soulsauce

Post Number: 221
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WSU Police has really good response from what I hear.

Patrick, I have often wondered who writes up the monthly crime reports. The grammar isn't always the best and the narrative is at times questionable, but the play by play recounts of those incidents are pure comedy.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3781
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WSU helped me get into my car TWICE after I locked the keys in it at CCS. OOPS. Good guys.

Aoife
Username: Aoife

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They also created some sort of task force and caught the little creep who had been fondling female students and attempting to rob them. He turned out to be a 14 year old from a nearby high school.

Go WSU cops. If only they could get that one homeless guy to stop peeing on the side of the Purdy Kresge- I swear I have seen him do that more times than I can remember.......

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I won't even bother reading the details. It was dumb enough for a person to spend half of his College Money on $2000 glasses and he was even dumber to advertise them to bums that will steal it from him. Valuable stuff like that should never be handled like the glasses in this situation (I don't care what anyone says). Him wearing the glasses during this situation basically said "Feel Free To Snatch These Off My Face and Steal Them!"

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Who wears $2000 sunglasses?

Apparently at least a handful of people, or one really stupid one.

Malcovemagnesia
Username: Malcovemagnesia

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WSU cops definitely get the job done. While doing school there, I always felt safer on campus than pretty much anywhere else in Detroit.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 552
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I vote the WSU train the DPD!
When was the last time DPD caught someone on foot???

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.