Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » City services « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 625
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many compare Detroit and Flint due to crime, blight, both are one industry cities, but having spent much of the weekend up in flint there was one thing I noticed that stood out. The city services, in particular the signs that were everywhere saying "rake leaves into road for pickup". It got me thinking, Flint is a financially strapped city with a tremendous amount of unemployment and a poor housing market, but it seems like there city services are much better than Detroit. More than one neighborhood seemed to be having big trash day as well, what makes this possible in Flint but not Detroit? Smaller size, county run... any guesses?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 846
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smaller size more than likely. I'm sure the fact that the county is running it has something to do with it too.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 234
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guesses? sure, but none that you would like.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.